The final beta of iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 which we call the Golden Master edition is now out. As usual, before the public stable release, Apple pushes one last beta as GM edition and it is generally the same as a public stable update. So all the features, bug fixes, or bugs that will be in GM will more likely to replicate in the stable release. The iOS 13.4 GM and iPadOS 13.4 GM edition will be available as OTA to devices running on 13.4 beta update. Here you will know how to download iOS 13.4 GM on iPhones and iPadOS 13.4 GM on iPads.
There are no major changes compared to the last Beta which is iOS 13.4 Beta 5. And if you are using the Beta 5 on your iPhone or iPad then you must have already received the update. If not then try to manually search for the update in Settings. If we conclude all the iOS 13.4 beta, then we have many new features that we have been waiting for. And developers and public users have already tasted the new features. But if you are waiting for iOS 13.4 Public stable release then you have to wait for one more week as it is scheduled to release on 24th March.
If you have tried the Beta 5 then you will not see any changes on the latest iOS 13.4 GM update. And the same features will replicate in the public stable update. If you want to know about interesting features that you get to see in the iOS 13.4 then we have added the features section below.
iOS 13.4 GM & iPadOS 13.4 GM Features
New Memoji Stickers – Apple has added 9 new Memoji stickers in the iOS 13.4 and they are cool. If you use Memojis then definitely you are going to like the new pack. It includes prayer memoji, working memoji and more.
TV App – Apple brings the new option called Family Sharing in the TV app. It let you share movies, TV shows to the members added in your Family Sharing option. We can also set quality in streaming and downloading options in Settings.
iCloud Folder Sharing – In iOS 13.4 we can share folders that we want to other peoples. It is like Google drive where authorized users can access the files. We can give permission like View only, Modify and more.
Mail Toolbar Updated – The tool buttons in the Mail app are redesigned and now there are four tools that are delete, reply, folder and compose buttons.
Universal Developer Support – Developers can now share Apps across all platforms like iPhone, iPad, Mac, and iPod touch.
CarPlay – It now comes with 3rd party navigation support on the Dashboard along with the call information in the Dashboard. There is also a short video in which it is showing that we can open a Car door with our iPhone as well as we can start our car with iPhone but it needs to have NFC in the car.
VPN Icon – With iOS 13.4 we will see the VPN icon on the top status bar when the VPN is enabled. And when we will turn off it will disappear.
New cursor and navigation – Along with the above features iPadOS comes with new cursor and gestures using the trackpad. Using trackpad on iPad just works like the Mac.
So these are some highlighted features of iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4. There are many other new features that you will notice when using iOS 13.4. Apart from features it also comes with a lot of bug fixes like photos now take less storage, Mail doesn’t crash anymore and other bugs got fixed.
Download iOS 13.4 GM and iPadOS 13.4 GM
The GM build is also called iOS 13.4 Beta 6 or iPadOS 13.4 Beta 6 and it’s the final beta before the public stable release. So if you install the GM on your phone you don’t have to update when the next public update as everything will be same. You can get iOS 13.4 or iPadOS 13.4 on your device by install an IPSW file or update via OTA update. And since the IPSW method is complex we will be using a different method. You can also follow this guide if you have the latest IPSW file.
If you are using any Beta version or beta profile is installed then you can manually search for the update in Settings. And if not then follow the below method.
Download iOS 13.4 or iPadOS 13.4 Beta profile
To get the GM build, you have to first install the Beta profile on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID with beta access and if not then click on Sign and go through steps.
- Now on the next page select the correct OS for your devices like iOS or iPadOS.
- Scroll down till Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device. If the option is not there then it will be on top.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this click on the Download Profile.
- Then go to Settings > General > Profile. It will show Profile, so click on the Profile and on the next page click on Install on the top right corner.
- After installing the Profile reboot your device. And you are ready to install iOS 13.4 GM on your iPhone and iPadOS 13.4 GM on iPad.
Now the beta profile is installed on your device and it will push the latest beta update on your phone.
Steps to Install Latest iOS 13.4 GM or iPadOS 13.4 GM
- First, make sure that the Beta profile is installed on your iPhone or iPad.
- After that head over to Settings on your device.
- Now go to General > Software Update.
- In Software Update you will find the latest iOS 13.4 GM or iPadOS 13.4 GM updates (more than 3GB).
- Click on Download & Install the latest beta update on your device. It can take time according to the internet connection you have.
So by following this common procedure, you can get the latest beta version on your iPhone and iPad. You can also install beta IPSW files directly using IPSW if the beta profile is not installed. But you need iTunes or Finder for updating through IPSW. In case if you have any questions then let us know in the comment section below.