Apple has recently announced the official iOS 13 along with iPhone 11 series. But the iOS 13 will be publicly available from September 19. It means the official iOS 13 OTA will start hitting supported iPhones from September 19 which is one week away. But if you are one of the user like me who can’t wait to test out new updates. Then you can install the iOS 13 right away on your iPhone. This is all possible through the official iOS 13 GM (Golden Master) which Apple has released officially. So here you will know how to Download & Install iOS 13 GM on iPhones.
iOS 13 GM is the Golden Master build which is closed to stable in terms of stability. But there can be few minor bugs which you may not even notice. And this is publicly available now but you will not be able to see the iOS 13 GM update option on your phone. It is because the iOS 13 GM and iOS 13.1 Beta 3 are available at the same time. So if you (beta users) go to update section it will show the iOS 13.1 Beta 3 version and not the iOS 13 GM. But there is an alternative through which you can safely upgrade your iPhone to iOS 13 GM build.
Also Check | Download iOS 13 Stock Wallpapers [QHD+]
Why You Need To Install iOS 13 GM Build
First of all, the iOS 13 GM is better than beta build because of fewer bugs and more stability. The stability of iOS 13 GM is close to the official upcoming stable iOS 13. So to test the iOS 13 before its official release without compromising the experience you can install iOS 13 GM build on your iPhone.
Second, if you have the iOS 13.1 beta installed on your iPhone then you will not get the iOS 13 stable updates on your iPhone. It is because it is considered as downgrading. So if you want to get the stable iOS 13 while you are on iOS 13.1 beta build, then first you need to install the iOS 13 GM build. I think this clears up your doubt about the need of iOS 13 GM installation.
Note: You can install iOS 13 GM if your iPhone is currently running on iOS 13 Beta, iOS 13.1 Beta or the latest stable iOS 12.
Download iOS 13 GM for iPhones (IPSW File)
Since you are not getting the iOS 13 GM update directly on your phone then you need to install it using the iTunes on PC. For this, you need the iOS 13 GM IPSW file for your iPhone which you can download using the below links. The size of the file is around 4GB, it can also vary according to the different iPhone model.
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone SE
It is easy to install the iOS 13 Golden Master build on the supported iPhones, just go through the steps carefully and you will be using the iOS 13 after the completion. But most importantly follow the prerequisites first.
- IPSW File for your iPhone
- Mac or Windows
- Take a full backup of your iPhone (To restore if anything goes out of plan)
You May Also Like | How to Enable Dark Mode in iOS 13 & iPadOS 13
How to Install iOS 13 GM on iPhones
- Transfer the IPSW file on your PC using which you are going to perform the update.
- Open the iTunes on your Windows or Mac.
- Connect your iPhone to PC using the cable.
- In iTunes head over to the Summary page where it will list your device info with various options.
- In the Summary page, you will see your iPhone’s current version. Below the current version click on Update while holding the Options button in case of Mac and Shift button in case of Windows.
- Now locate the correct iOS 13 GM IPSW file and select it. It will further ask for confirmation so click on the Update button.
- Your iPhone will now update so wait for it. Later iTunes will ask you to enter Passcode on your iPhone in case if there is passcode. So enter the passcode and it will start restoring.
- The restore will take time so wait for it and then do a quick setup.
- That’s it, you have successfully upgraded your iPhone to iOS 13 GM without data loss.
So there you have it the complete guide on download iOS 13 GM edition for iPhones with step by step installation guide. Enjoy the latest Golden Master edition on your phone. Also, the next iOS 13 GM edition will be available in the last week of September 2019. So if you want to get the guide about it then keep visiting YTECHB.
Related to iPhone: