Android 11 stable update is now available for supported Pixel device. It went live after months of beta testing since they first introduced in the event back at the starting of this year. During the beta testing, we receive seven updates in total including 4 Developer previews and three betas. But no longer you have to wait for Android 11, if you Google Pixel 2 or newer Pixel phone. Here you get to download Android 11 for Google Pixel phone with the installation guide.
Android 11 comes with performance improvement, UI changes when compared to the last year’s Android 10. If you have been following the Android 11 developer preview or Android 11 beta then you may be already aware of new features. We have been waiting for the final Android 11 stable release and finally, it made its way to Google Pixel devices.
The first-gen Pixel users may not get to experience the latest Android 11 as Google has not included it for the update. And rest other Pixel devices are eligible for the update.
Android 11 Stable Update
The Android 11 stable build is nearly similar to the Android 11 Beta 3 and if you are on Beta 3 then you will receive the update in small size. Along with the stable Android 11 release, some other phones from different brands also received the first public beta. It means soon, non-Pixel phones will also receive the stable Android 11 update.
Here’s the list of Google Pixel devices that are eligible for Android 11:
- Google Pixel 2
- Google Pixel 2 XL
- Google Pixel 3
- Google Pixel 3 XL
- Google Pixel 3a
- Google Pixel 3a XL
- Google Pixel 4
- Google Pixel 4 XL
- Google Pixel 4a
Here’s the list of other devices that are eligible for the first Android 11 Public Beta:
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- OnePlus 8
- Oppo Find X2 Pro
- Oppo Find X2
- Oppo Reno3 Pro 4G
- Oppo Reno3 4G
- Oppo Ace2
- Realme X50 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi 10
If you have the above listed non-Pixel phones then you can expect the stable Android 11 update as soon as the end of next month. But for now, you can test out the Android 11 Beta with all the new Android 11 features and custom UI features.
Android 11 Stable Update Features
The Android 11 public stable update comes with the same features that we have tested in Beta. But if you are not aware of the new features that are added in Android 11, then here you will know some of the main features that make the Android 11 special.
Screen Recording with Internal Audio
Android 11 now comes with the screen recording feature which is not present in the stock Android 10 devices. And on top of that, it has support for recording sound from the microphone as well as internal audio. This feature is useful especially for gamers who like to share Gameplays. In Android 11 you don’t need to use an external screen recording app. The screen recording is available in quick settings for quick access.
Google has finally added the new Bubbles feature which was first introduced with Android 10. It will help users to respond to messages without switching between apps. It is similar to what Facebook messenger instant reply chat bubble.
New Conversation Section
Google has added a new section in the Notification panel which is Conversation. In this section, all your messages and chats replies will appear instead of the Notification section. It will be now easy to manage all your chats and messages.
New Power Menu Control
Till Android 10 we have the side power control menu, whereas now with Android 11 we get more interactive and better UI based power menu control. From the power menu, you can also control connected smart devices like smart lights.
There are more changes and new features in the Android 11 such as new Media controls. You can check out other Android 11 features in our dedicated Android 11 features article. Now let’s see how you can download Android 11 System Images for Google Pixel phones.
Download Android 11 System Image for Google Pixel Phones
Android 11 is available for Pixel 2 and newer Pixel phones. It is rolling out to devices from today as an OTA update. But in case if the update hasn’t landed on your device even after checking manually then you can flash system image files if the bootloader of your phone is unlocked. And as usual, Google has already released the system image file for all supported Pixel phones, so there will be no issue on getting the file. You can also follow the below links to download Android 11 system images for your Pixel device.
Note: Android 11 system images are currently not available for IN carriers. No need to download Factory or System image files if you are going to use Android Flash Tool for installing Android 11 on Pixel devices.
Android 11 System Image:
- Pixel 4a (EMEA & SG | Other Carriers)
- Pixel 4 XL (All Carriers)
- Pixel 4 (All Carriers)
- Pixel 3a XL (All Carriers)
- Pixel 3a (All Carriers)
- Pixel 3 XL (All Carriers)
- Pixel 3 (All Carriers)
- Pixel 2 XL (All Carriers)
- Pixel 2 (All Carriers)
Once you have the Android 11 system image for your Pixel device then you are just one step away from using the Android 11 which is the flashing part. You can follow the below guide to install Android 11 on your device if you don’t know the procedure already.
- Take a full backup of your phone before installing Android 11
- Make sure the bootloader of your phone is unlocked (Guide)
- Download Android SDK Platform Tools for Window/macOS/Linux
- Download and Install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on PC (Windows)
Steps to Install Android 11 System Image on Pixel phones
- Extract the Platform-tools zip file on your computer. Add its path to environment variables (search for System Environ Variables in Windows search to access it).
- Also, extract the Android 11 system image on your PC.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your phone and the bootloader is unlocked.
- Connect your phone to PC using a USB cable.
- Open the command window on your computer. Allow Debugging on your phone if it asks.
- Then enter the below command to see if your phone is connected, it should show some id.
- If your device is connected enter the below command to boot into bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now navigate to the extracted System image directory using cd command (cd C:\Users\ashub\OneDrive\Desktop\Android 11).
- Run the flash-all script on your computer which will be in the System image folder.
- It will take some time to install so wait until it finishes.
- Then your device will reboot and you can enjoy Android 11 on your Pixel device.
So there you have it, the full guide on how to get Android 11 on Pixel phones with Android 11 System image links. In case if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section below.