Samsung has already released Android Pie update for majority of its phones and now it’s for Galaxy J4, Galaxy J4+, and Galaxy J6+. So if you have any of these phones then you can easily get Android Pie on your device. Here you will know how to download & install Galaxy J4+ and Galaxy J6+ Android Pie Stable Update.
The update is currently limited to some regions but soon it will be available for all the regions. Samsung Galaxy J4+ Android Pie Update is rolling out in Vietnam, Thailand, and Ukraine. While Galaxy J6+ Android Pie Update is rolling out in India, Germany, and Iraq. So if you are from the region mentioned here then you should try to manually check for update. Or you can just download the firmware from the download link given below. Just like other Android Pie update for Samsung Galaxy devices, this update is also based on One UI. The firmware is now available to download, it means you can instantly update your Galaxy J4+ & Galaxy J6+ to Android Pie. The firmware version for Galaxy J4+ is J415FXXU2BSDL and for Galaxy J6+ is J610FXXU1BSDE.
One UI is a very optimized custom OS for Samsung devices. And on top of this, it comes with some amazing features. I really like the night mode in One UI which is almost like a Dark Mode. Earlier in Samsung Phones, we had to use a third party App to take a long screenshot, but now with One UI you don’t need any third party App. The long screenshot feature is inbuilt in the One UI. One UI also brings instant reply to any notification and we can also manage notifications directly from the notification panel. Along with these features, the Android Pie features are also coming with this update. Below are some changelogs about the update.
Galaxy J4+ & Galaxy J6+ Android Pie Update – Changelogs
- Content, settings, and other information have been reorganized to keep you focused on the task at hand.
- Interactive elements have been moved to the bottom of the screen so they’re always within reach.
- New designs and features such as night mode help keep your eyes comfortable.
- You can reply to messages directly in the notification panel.
- Image thumbnails are included in message notifications.
- In an app’s notification settings, tab the switch once to turn on or off all the notifications in a category.
- New Unicode 11.0 emojis are available.
- New adaptive theme changes your keyboard look based on the colors of the surrounding app.
- Floating keyboard is available in all apps and has new size and transparency settings.
- You can set a custom touch and hold delay.
- Menus have been reorganized to make settings easier to find.
- Bixby is all new, with a range of improvements and new features.
- Swipe left from the main Bixby screen to explore the latest features and supported apps.
You May Also Like: Download Google Camera 6.1 for Samsung Galaxy Phones
Download Galaxy J4+ & Galaxy J6+ Android Pie (Firmware)
The firmware based on Android Pie is now available for both Samsung Galaxy J4+ and Galaxy J6+. The firmware for both phones are now available based on selected regions that we have mentioned earlier in this guide. The link contains download page where you can select a region to download the firmware based on that region.
- Download Samsung Galaxy J4+ Android Pie Firmware (SM-J415F)
- Download Samsung Galaxy J6+ Android Pie Firmware (SM-J610F)
The update has the latest Android security patch with date 1st April 2019. If you didn’t get the latest Android Pie update on your phone then you can download the stock firmware from here and then install it using the instructions given below.
Note: Before you flash the firmware on your phone, make sure to go to Settings and check for updates manually. If the update is available then directly install from there and if not then follow the next method.
How to Install Android Pie on Galaxy J4+ and Galaxy J6+
I assume that you have downloaded the stock firmware for your phone according to the region. If you haven’t then first download the Stock firmware for your phone only then you will be able to follow next methods. The method will work for both Galaxy J4+ and Galaxy J6+ but remember to use the firmware according to your model and region.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
- Download Odin Flash Tool
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Take a full backup of your phone
Steps to Install Android Pie on Galaxy J4+ & J6+
- Extract the downloaded Odin Flash Tool zip file on your PC.
- Open the Odin.exe file.
- Extract the downloaded firmware and you will see 5 different files (AP, BL, CP, CSC, Home_CSC).
- In Odin tool, click on AP and locate the AP file from the extracted folder, similarly load BL & CP file. In CSC tab load CSC file if you want to remove everything from the device (reset) or load Home_CSC file if you want to keep your data.
- Boot your phone into Download mode:
- Galaxy J4+: First turn off the phone > Press & hold Vol Up + Vol Down + Power button until it opens Warning page. While in Warning page press Volume Up button to boot into Download/Odin Mode.
- Galaxy J6+: First turn off the phone > Press & hold Vol Up + Vol Down and connect it to PC using USB cable and release buttons when you see Warning Page. In Warning page press Vol Up button to go into Download mode.
- Connect your Phone to PC while in Download Mode.
- If Odin detects your phone then a blue line appears near ID: COM. And if not then install proper drivers.
- In Odin tool, switch to the Options tab and make sure that only “Auto Reboot” & “F.Reset Time” are checked.
- Now click on Start to flash Android Pie based Firmware on your Galaxy J4+ and Galaxy J6+.
- After flashing it will give a success message and automatically reboot to the system (if not then manually reboot).
- Enjoy Android Pie on Galaxy J4+ and Galaxy J6+.
Done, Now you have successfully installed the Android Pie on Samsung Galaxy J6+ & Galaxy J4+. Now you will get to experience Android Pie & One UI features on your phone. If you get any error or unable to update your phone to Android Pie then let us know in the comment section. We will reply with the solution.