Samsung has rolled out the Android Pie update to many of its devices this year. And it’s time for Galaxy J8, yes Samsung has started rolling out Android Pie update to Samsung Galaxy J8. Right now the update is rolling out in Russia and soon it will be available in other regions. But if you want to get the Android Pie update immediately on your Samsung J8 then this guide is for you. Here you can download & Install Samsung Galaxy J8 Android Pie update manually.
It’s good to see that Samsung is rolling out Android Pie on older devices. The phone was announced in May 2018 with some pretty good specs. Galaxy J8 comes with Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. And now you can experience Android 9 Pie on your Galaxy J8 with new features such as Digital Wellbeing, Adaptive Battery, Adaptive Brightness and much more.
The main changes that you are going to see in this Android Pie update are dual VoLTE support and different UI based on Samsung’s new custom UI (i.e. One UI). So there are two advantages you will get with this update one is Android Pie and another is One UI. If we talk about new features that you will get in this update is New Icons, New UI, One hand Mode, quick at a glance, Bixby vision, Dark Mode, long screenshot and much more. Dark mode is actually the Night mode which will turn the screen in black and grey format.
The Android Pie update is rolling out in Russia with build number PPR1.180610.011.J810FPUU3BSD1 and with April’s Security patch level. The firmware of this update is also available on Sammobile which has version number PDA J810FPUU3BSD1 and CSC J810FSER3BSD1. It is of size 2.63GB which is a full firmware file which you can manually install it on your Samsung Galaxy J8.
Samsung Galaxy J8 Android Pie Update – Details
- Version – J810FPUU3BSD1
- Security Patch Level – April 2019
- Android version – Android 9 Pie
- Firmware Size – 2.63GB
- Build Date – April 3, 2019
Download Samsung Galaxy J8 Android Pie (One UI) Firmware
If you haven’t received Android Pie update on your Samsung Galaxy J8 then you can update your phone manually with the Firmware file. You can download the firmware from any trusted source. The firmware that is available right now is based on product code SER from Russia. The size of the complete Firmware for Samsung J8 based on Android Pie is 3.6GB. It is not an OTA update file, it’s a full firmware. After downloading the firmware also make sure to read the installation guide.
How to Install Android Pie Update on Samsung Galaxy J8
Once you have downloaded the firmware, you are ready to update the phone to Android Pie. But before that make sure to manually “check for updates” from Settings. Follow the set of instruction below to update.
- Charge your phone’s battery to at least 50%
- Take a full backup of phone data
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC
- Download Odin Flash Tool [Latest]
Steps to Install Android Pie on Samsung J8
- Extract the downloaded Odin Flash Tool Zip/RAR file.
- Download and extract the Android Pie Firmware on your PC.
- Open OdinTool.exe from the extracted Odin Flash Tool folder.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy J8 completely.
- Press & hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button together until any change appears in the screen.
- A warning screen will appear with few options.
- Press Volume up button to enter Download Mode/Odin Mode.
- Now connect the phone to PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, it will show blue sign in ID:COM if your phone is connected. If not showing then reinstall USB drivers.
- In Odin, switch to the Options tab and untick “Auto Reboot”.
- Check the extracted firmware folder, there you will find AP, BL, CP, CSC & Home_CSC files. In Odin click on AP and locate AP file and similarly for BL and CP.
- Click on CSC and locate CSC file if you want to delete all data of your phone. Otherwise, locate Home_CSC file if you want to wipe all the data. Selecting CSC file over Home_CSC is recommended because it will reduce the chances of bugs. But if you are already in Russia region then you can select Home_CSC file.
- After selecting all the four files, click on Start.
- It will take time to flash. You can check the progress in the Odin tool.
- After flashing it will give a success message. Now you can disconnect your device and reboot into the system.
- Done! you have successfully installed Android Pie on your Samsung Galaxy J8.
So this is how you can update Samsung Galaxy J8 to Android Pie with the firmware. After updating you can now experience all the goodies that come with Android Pie and One UI. I hope you found this guide helpful. If you are facing any issues while updating make sure to leave a comment. We will reply with the solution.
More Update Guides:
4 thoughts on “Download & Install Samsung Galaxy J8 Android Pie One UI Update (Stable)”
Hola, para que modelo del j8 es esa actualización
Tengo un J810M
Its for J810F. But you can flash the firmware on other models too (but you have to wipe whole data first).
how to wipe?
You can wipe data from Recovery mode or from Settings.