Being able to display content from your mobile device to the TV has become easier and to make things even better, you can do it wirelessly. Now, for what you would want to be doing such a thing? Well, maybe you want to watch a video or display an image on your TV at a meeting or anywhere else to your audience. If you have a TCL smart TV, a wifi network, and your mobile phone, you can easily screen mirror your phone’s display to the TV. Here is a guide that will show you how to screen mirror to a TCL Smart TV.
There are endless possibilities that can be used by screen mirroring. However, the only thing that cannot be done is screen mirroring your streaming apps. To do that, you will have to make use of the casting feature. So, without wasting any more time, let’s take a look at how to screen mirror from your mobile device to a TCL Smart TV.
Screen Mirroring to TCL Smart TV
Before we begin, you need to know what type of TCL Smart TV you have. TCL makes TVs that come with Android TV and also with Roku OS. For Screen mirroring Android devices to any TCL TV, the process is simple. However, concerning iOS devices, the TVs need to have Apple AirPlay built-in.
Compatible TCL TVs with AirPlay
- Roku 4 – Series
- Roku 5 – Series
- Roku 6 – Series
- Roku 8 – Series
How to Screen Mirror to TCL Roku Smart TV
- Switch your TCL Roku TV on and connect it to your WiFi network.
- Now, connect your Android or iOS device also to the same WiFi network.
- Considering that your TCL Roku TV natively supports Apple AirPlay, you do not need to adjust any settings.
- On your Android device, open the Settings app and search for Wireless Display, Screen Mirror, Smart View, or Wireless Projection. Or you can tap cast from quick settings.
- Tap on it and your Android device will begin to search for wireless displays.
- When you find your TCL Roku device on the list, tap on it.
- You will be able to screen mirror right away to the TCL Roku TV.
- Make sure that your iPhone and TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
- If you have an iOS device, swipe down from the top right corner of your device.
- The Control Center will shop up.
- Tap on the screen mirroring tile.
- The iOS device will begin to look for AirPlay-enabled wireless displays on the network.
- Once the iOS device finds the Roku TV, tap on it.
- It will ask you to input a code that is being displayed on your TV.
- With the code entered, you can now screen mirror your iOS device to the TCL Roku TV.
How to Screen Mirror to TCL Android Smart TV
- Switch your TCL Android TV on and connect it to the WiFi Network.
- Ensure that your Android device is also connected to the same network as that of the TV.
- On your Android device, simply launch the Settings app.
- Search for Wireless Display, Screen Mirror, Smart View, or Wireless Projection, you can also check it in quick settings.
- Once you find the menu, select it.
- The Android device will begin to search for wireless displays.
- When you find the TCL Android TV, tap on it.
- You can now screen mirror to your TCL Android TV.
- If for some reason your Android TCL Smart TV doesn’t have Apple AirPlay, you will have to download an AirPlay enabler app from the Google Play Store for your TV.
- With the app downloaded on your TV, launch it and make sure the TV is still connected to your WiFi network.
- First things first, connect your iPhone and TV to the same WiFi network.
- Now, bring up the Control Center on your iOS device.
- Tap on the Screen Mirroring tile.
- It will now look for wireless displays. Select your TV from the list.
- You can now Screen Mirror your iOS device to the TCL Android TV.
If you want to connect a laptop to your TCL Smart TV wirelessly, then you can follow this guide.
And this is how you can screen mirror your iOS or Android device to any type of TCL Smart TV. This is a simple and easy process. If you have a TCL Android TV that has Apple AirPlay built-in, the need to download an app is not needed. However, using a third-party app will only result in some lag and delay between the phone’s screen and your output on your TCL Android TV.