All modern TVs, including the ones from TCL, have Bluetooth and WiFi for better wireless connectivity. Now of course you would normally use the TV speakers that are built-in for sound output, which is fine.
If you have a new soundbar for an immersive audio experience, you might be looking for a guide for connecting the Bluetooth soundbar to your TCL TV. If so, then you are in the right place. Let’s take a look at how to connect Bluetooth Devices to TCL Smart TVs.
There are so many Bluetooth devices available, Headphones, Game controllers, Keyboards, Mice, Bluetooth Speakers, and soundbars can all be used wirelessly with your TCL Smart TV. This wireless connection is seamless and quick, meaning you don’t have to fumble around with cables or dive through tons of menus just to enable or disable something.
Since TCL offers both Roku OS and Android OS-based Smart TVs, we will be sharing the guide for both types of TVs. In bonus, we also tell you steps to pair Bluetooth devices with Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Let’s first start with the TCL Android TV followed by TCL Roku TV. Yes, TCL Roku comes with similar Settings as other TVs featuring Roku OS.
How to Connect Bluetooth Devices to TCL Android TV
Now, let’s take a look at how to connect your Bluetooth devices to the TCL Smart TV. This method works for all the new TCL TVs that have the latest version on Android TV OS.
- Press the Home button on your TCL TV remote.
- Navigate and scroll over to the Settings icon. It will be having a gear icon.
- Once you have highlighted the icon press the OK button on your remote.
- Now, scroll down a bit till you find Remote and Accessories.
- Select it and then press the OK button.
- Highlight and select the Add Accessory option.
- The TV will now search for Bluetooth devices and then show you a list of devices that are nearby.
- You will now want to switch the Bluetooth device On, ensure it has enough charge, and then set it to its parking mode.
- Your TV will then show you your device. Select it.
- Depending on some devices it will ask you to confirm a pairing request or code. Simply select OK and your device should now be paired to the TV via Bluetooth.
Unlike Samsung’s Smart TVs where you will have different menus to pair different devices, TCL Smart TVs use only one single menu for all sorts of Bluetooth devices. On some older TCL Smart TVs, you will have a separate option to add Wireless Keyboards and Mice. This is how you add them.
How to Connect Bluetooth Devices to TCL Roku TV
TCL Roku does not allow connecting some of the Bluetooth devices. So you have to check the process if it works for the device you want to connect. Let’s start the guide.
- On your TCL Roku Remote, press the Home button.
- It will open a bunch of options on your TCL Roku TV.
- Scroll down and select the Settings.
- Next you have to select Remote & Devices.
- Now turn on bluetooth on your device you want to connect to your TCL Roku TV.
- Search for the Roku TV on your device and connect it. The device will then appear on your TCL Roku TV.
- You can also Setup or Pair a new device directly from Remote & Devices in Roku TV.
- Once you see your Device on your Roku TV, click on it. And it will be paired with your TV if not already.
- You should see Connected word next to your device.
That’s all you have to follow to connect Bluetooth devices to TCL Roku TV. As we mentioned earlier, it doesn’t support some devices, so in that case, you can use the wired connection.
How to Connect Bluetooth Devices to TCL TV with Amazon FireStick Connected
- Press the Home button on your TV remote and select the Settings tab on the top.
- Now, side scroll and navigate to Controllers and Bluetooth devices.
- Once you have selected it, you will see a few Bluetooth options.
- The first one says Amazon Fire TV Remote. This is used to add and connect your Fire TV’s remote.
- Next, you have Game Controllers. If you select this option, you can add your Bluetooth-enabled controllers to be used with the TV.
- And finally, you have the Other Bluetooth Devices.
- Select Other Bluetooth Devices. You will now see two more options.
- By selecting Bluetooth Keyboard you can now pair and add a Bluetooth keyboard to be used with your TV.
- If you select the second option that says Add Bluetooth Drivers, you will be able to add all other Bluetooth devices such as speakers, headphones, and soundbars.
- On the next screen, you will see all devices available nearby, once you see the Bluetooth device that you’d like to connect, select it.
- In this example, I am connecting my Pixel Buds to my TV, I simply select it, and it will automatically pair, and you will see confirmation on your TV’s display.
- That’s it.
So yes, you can connect and use Bluetooth devices to your TCL Smart TV. The process is quick and should take you less than two minutes or so. Sometimes, the TV might not be able to find the device you are looking for.
In such a situation, you can simply select the search Bluetooth devices option to look for your device and pair it right away.