Smart TVs have become an integral part of our life at home. From watching the latest sporting events to binge-watching your favorite movies and series to playing video games, the TV plays its role. TVs with Roku OS are popular ones because of the price as well as the features that Roku OS bring along. TCL Smart TVs are one of the TV brands that come with Roku OS. One of the most annoying things about TV remotes is, they keep getting lost. Today’s guide is all about how to turn on TCL Roku TV without remote.
Now there could be many reasons as to whatever happened to your TV remote. It could have been lost, broken, or probably just misplaced somewhere. Of course, you will be searching for it everywhere or probably waiting in for the new replacement remote that you ordered to arrive in the mail. Nobody in their right mind would simply not want to use the TV just because the remote is missing. So, if you have a missing remote for a TCL Roku TV, read along to know how to turn it on without having a remote.
Turn on TCL Roku TV without Remote
Use the Power button on the TV
All types of TVs whatever be the brand will always have a set of physical buttons for the basic functions of your TV. They can either be at the sides, behind, or even at the bottom panel of the TV. Well for the TCL Roku TVs, you will find the power button at the bottom of the TV. Simply press the button and you are good to go. You have turned your TCL Roku TV on without a remote.
Use the Roku TV app
- Since the TCL Smart TV comes with Roku OS, you can make use of this free app as a remote for your TCL Roku TV. Here is how you make use of the remote.
- Download the app. It’s free to use on Android and iOS devices.
- Power your TV on by pressing the button that is at the bottom.
- Make sure that your TCL Roku TV connects automatically to your Wi-Fi network.
- Now, connect your cellphone to the same Wi-Fi network and open up the Roku App.
- Tap on the Remote tab that is at the bottom of the app screen.
- It will look for TVs that are on the same network. When you find your TCL Roku TV, select it.
- You will now have java a few buttons on your cellphone’s screen. You can use these buttons to control your TCL Roku.
Power TCL Roku TV via Infrared
TV remotes make use of the infrared sensor to communicate with the tv. There have been a lot of Android devices that come with a built-in infrared sensor. With the right app, you can then control your TV right away. straight from powering it up to using almost all the other functions. A popular app that makes use of the infrared sensor on your phone (If your phone has the sensor that is,) is the Mi Remote app. The app supports a ton of devices from a variety of brands. Mi Remote is free to download from the Google Play Store.
Use the PS4 to turn on TCL Roku TV
- You can make use of your PS4 to turn the TCL Roku TV on. It’s quite simple and easy to do.
- Connect your PS4 to the TCL Roku TV via the HDMI input.
- Use the power button on the TV to turn it on.
- On your PS4, open up Settings and then select System Settings.
- Scroll over to Enable HDMI Device Link and select the checkbox.
- Now, turn your PS4 and the TCL Roku TV off.
- With both the devices off, turn the PS4 on.
- When the PS4 turns on, your TCL Roku TV will also switch itself on.
Use the Nintendo Switch to turn on TCL Roku TV
To use this method of turning the TCL Roku TV on you will need to have a Nintendo Dock.
- Plugin your Nintendo Switch to the Dock and make sure the dock has been connected to your TVs display port.
- Power the TV on with the help of the button at the bottom of the TV.
- On your Nintendo Switch, select the System Settings option
- Now select TV settings.
- Scroll down on the right side and select Match Power State.
- With the Power State option selected, turn your TV as well as the Switch off.
- Turn the Switch on your TCL Roku TV should automatically turn on as well
- And there you have it, different ways to turn your TCL Roku TV on without the need of a remote.
So now that you know how to turn the TCL Roku TV on without a remote, things should be fine. However, if you do find your misplaced remote well and good, otherwise, it is best if you place an order for a replacement TV remote.