Samsung has started rolling out one of the most awaited updates for the Galaxy A50. Yes, I am talking about the One UI 2.5 update. The device is slated to get the update in January 2021, but Samsung surprises the Galaxy A50 users by releasing the update earlier than expected. The update bags a number of useful features along with newer security patch. Here’s everything you need to know about Samsung Galaxy A50 One UI 2.5 Update.
Last month, Samsung released One UI 2.5 Update for Galaxy A70, Galaxy A31, and Galaxy M51. Now it arrives on the Galaxy A50, which is one of the best-selling mid-range phones of 2019. As for now, the update is seeding in the regions of India and Sri Lanka. The newer build bags A505FDDU5BTL1 build number which has a download size of approx. 1200MB. This build comes with December 2020 monthly security patch.
Talking about the features, then the One UI 2.5 Update on Galaxy A50 brings Bitmoji stickers support to AOD, Split Keyboard support for landscape mode, improved camera quality, and a few other features along with a slew of system improvements. Obviously, this build is based on the Android 10 OS. Here you can check the complete changelog.
Samsung Galaxy A50 One UI 2.5 Update – What’s New
- If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
* This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
- When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router.
* The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
- Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
- A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
- Split Keyboard is supported on Landscape mode.
- The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
- Improved the quality and stability of the camera.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
This is a staged update which might take some time to reach every unit. As I mentioned earlier, it is rolling over-the-air in different parts of Asia. If you’re in a hurry, then you can also manually update your Galaxy A50 to the One UI 2.5 update. You can check the newer updates in Settings > Software update.
For manual upgradation, you can download the firmware manually using Frija tool, SamFirm tool, or SamMobile website. If you are using one of the tools then enter your model and country code and download the firmware. Once downloaded, you can flash the firmware using Odin Tool. Then flash the file to your device. If you want to do so, then I recommend you to take a backup prior, before diving in to the process. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy A50
If you have any query, then make sure to drop it down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: