Last month, OnePlus released ninth open-beta update of OxygenOS 11 for OnePlus 8 series, whereas OnePlus 8T received open beta 4 build. The update was based on fixes and improvements. Now the OnePlus 8 duo gets a new beta build in the form of the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 10. It arrives the OnePlus 8T with open beta 5 naming. The best part about is update is, it’s a big update, comes with a bunch of new features and improvements. Here you can check everything about the OnePlus 8T OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 5 update and OnePlus 8 Pro OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 10 update.
The latest open beta build on OnePlus 8T is sowing with OnePlus8T_O2_Beta_5, while the OnePlus 8 Pro receives it with OnePlus8Pro_O2_Beta_10 naming. The latest patch on OnePlus 8T measures around 141MB of download size. While the complete firmware weighs approx. 3.21GB in size. The company pushes the new update with May 2021 monthly security patch along with a bunch of new changes.
Talking about the changes then, the latest OxygenOS open beta brings BitMoji AOD functionality to the OnePlus 8 lineup. Apart from that, OnePlus addresses a number of bugs such as, mobile data icons in status bar, recording with headphones issue, Settings app title issue, and many more. In terms of improvements then, the camera app gets improved video preview recorded in 4K 60fps mode, better connectivity with OnePlus Buds, and a few more corrections. Here’s the complete changelog which you can check before diving to the upgradation process.
OnePlus 8 OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 10 – Changelog
- Improved the text display of the Setup Wizard
- Fixed the small probability issue where recording audio with headphones may not work as expected
- Fixed the abnormal display issue with the Setting’s title when the Freeform Windows is enabled
- Fixed the small probability issue where the status bar displays two SIM cards’ mobile data icons at the same time
- Fixed the small probability issue that some covers of third-party music apps still display as lock screen even the music notification is removed
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.05
- Newly added Bitmoji AOD, co-designed by Snapchat & Bitmoji, which will liven up the ambient display with your personal Bitmoji avatar. Your avatar will update throughout the day based on the condition of date, time, weather and the music listening. (Path: Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display – Bitmoji)
- Improved the audio experience when the phone is connected with OnePlus watch and OnePlus buds
- Fixed the issue that the call recording list is not updated in time after the system is upgraded
- Fixed the small probability issue that the details page of Contact is not displayed
- Fixed the issue that the calling content is not displayed
- Improved the video preview clarity under 4K 60FPS mode
- Improved the connection stability with OnePlus Buds
- Fixed the small probability issue that the non-default data SIM card in gaming mode can’t get access to 4G network
- Fixed the issue that the nearby Wi-Fi network cannot be switched intelligently
- Fixed the occasional failure to connect to Wi-Fi network
Note: The changelog is same for all OnePlus 8 series models.
OnePlus 8 Pro OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 10 Update
If you’re using the OnePlus 8 lineup smartphone and facing any of the afore-listed issues, then you can simply update your smartphone to the newer build. Before updating your phone to the newer software, make sure to charge it to at least 30%, also take a complete backup of data.
To update your device from open beta to second open beta, you can head over to Settings > System > System Updates. It will search for the update and display the latest update. Click on Download & Install to begin the process.
The company has also shared the steps to activate BitMoji AOD feature. Here’s how you can enable it on your device.
- Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display- Bitmoji – install Bitmoji App in Google Play.
- Login to your ID, if you don’t have one please register. Set up your characters, download the Cartoon Character Pack by clicking on save.
- Go back to the Settings screen again – Customization – Clock on ambient display- Bitmoji, Click Options to save it.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for OnePlus 8T
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: