The last OxygenOS 11 Open beta for the OnePlus 8 & 8T series was released about a month ago. Like last time OnePlus releases updates simultaneously for the OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, and 8T. OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro receiving OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 9, whereas the OnePlus 8T receiving OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 3. These updates are available to users with the latest Android Security patch.
Last month these three devices also received a stable update just after their last beta. But after that this month we haven’t seen any updates for the three devices. And this makes the first update this month for the OnePlus 8 series devices. We can also expect OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. We will notify you of updates with the news article once it is available.
Now talking about the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 9, it fixes many known bugs. The last Open Beta 8 was also based on bug fixes along with some improvements in performance. Compared to the last update the OnePlus 8 Oxygen OS 11 Open Beta 9 weighs more.
OnePlus 8T OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 3 also comes with the latest Android security patch and other changes similar to the OnePlus 8 series. Below you can check out the changelog for the new OxygenOS 11 Open Beta.
OnePlus 8 Pro OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 9 – Changelog
- Fixed the issue that some app’s fonts are displayed abnormally after setting customized fonts
- Fixed the small probability issue where the status bar cannot be pulled down
- Fixed the small probability issue where the status bar does not display app icons
- Fixed the issue that the missed calls are not displayed in the notification bar
- Fixed the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
- Fixed the small probability issue where recording audio with headphones may not work as expected
- Updated Android security patch to 202104
- Fixed the small probability issue that the previewed photos are flickering under the photo mode
- Fixed the abnormal display with the calculator under the split-screen
- Fixed the issue that the contextual information of AOD is not updated timely
- Fixed the issue that the ambient display is switched to Canvas after the device owner is changed
- Fixed the issue with AOD that the time is displayed abnormally when the system language is Hebrew
- Newly added the Data Monitor feature, you can find it in the Game Toolbox and monitor the FPS/CPU/GPU changes in real-time
- Improved the loading speed of the gallery to speed up the process of previewing pictures
The changelog is the same for OnePlus 8 OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 9 and OnePlus 8T OxygenOS Open Beta 3.
The latest OxygenOS Open Beta 9 for OnePlus 8/8 Pro and OxygenOS Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 8T are available to beta testers as an incremental update. So, if you are on the last Open Beta 9 or Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 8/8Pro or OnePlus 8T respectively then you must have already received the update. But in case if not, then you can manually check for the update by going to Settings > System > System Updates.
If you didn’t get the update or want to try the new Beta from the stable build, then check out the manual method below.
- Charge your phone to at least 60%
- Backup your data
- Rolling back to stable build requires a clean installation
- Follow same method for OnePlus 8T
Steps to Update OnePlus 8 to OxygenOS Open Beta 9
- Download the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 9 Zip file from the OnePlus forum or Oxygen Updater app.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your phone storage. Keep it outside of every folder.
- Now open Settings on your phone and go to System > System updates.
- Tap on the Settings icon and then tap on Local Upgrade.
- Browse and select the OxygenOS Open Beta 9 zip file and install it.
- Restart your phone and enjoy the latest OxygenOS update.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 8.0 for OnePlus 8T
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: