OnePlus 7 Pro is arguably the best smartphones of the year 2019. One of the main highlights of the phone is the camera. This time, OnePlus completely changed the camera setup on the OnePlus 7 Pro, It has a triple lens setup on the back with a 48MP lens. And you can capture decent shots using the default camera app with the help of AI implementations. While you can do a lot more using the Pixel 3 Camera App on the OnePlus 7 Pro. Here you can Download Google Camera 6.1 for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.
Last Updated on 17/08/2019 @ 15:28 IST – Added the latest compatible Gcam for OnePlus 7 & OnePlus 7 Pro with Google Camera 6.1 (best working mod port).
The OnePlus 7 Pro stock camera app works fine for the daylight shots, but the low-light images are not much impressive. As a default, you can capture 12MP shots with the default camera app, while you can use the Pro mode to capture 48MP shots with the help of pixel binning technology. The Google Camera app works best for every condition, one of the primary reason is the new AI implementations, done by Google. OnePlus has a huge fanbase, that’s why the developers have already started porting the GCam for both OnePlus 7 & 7 Pro. All thanks to Xtrme & Arnova8G2, who have ported the Googe Camera mod.
Google Camera 6.1 comes with a lot of new features, like, Night Sight mode, Photo Sphere, Slow Motion, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, HDR+ mode, Panorama, Lens Blur, Portrait mode (with Focus Slider), Google Lens mode & few more. Also, you can use the Super Resolution Zoom on your OnePlus 7 Pro, which allows you to zoom deeply into the scene without losing the details. And Here’s the step by step guide on how to Download & Install Google Camera 6.1 for OnePlus 7 & 7 Pro. Also, take a look at our detailed guide on Pixel 3 Camera app, in which we explain the features & details about the new GCam port.
Before Downloading the GCam Mod 6.1, Check our Detailed Guide on Google Camera with its Features & Use
Download Google Camera 6.1 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro
The Camera2 API is always enabled on the OnePlus phones and OnePlus 7 is not an exception, which means you can easily install the Google Camera mod port and capture amazing shots. Below we attach two GCam apk, one is from Arnova8G2 and another one is from Xtrme. Both the APKs works fine, while the Arnova8G2 is a recommended choice. Which can be downloaded by the below link:
- Download Google Camera 6.1 for OnePlus 7 & 7 Pro [Recommended](MGC_6_1_021_xcam6_beta10.apk – Xtrme)
- Download Google Camera 6.1 for OnePlus 7 & 7 Pro (GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.5.190418.1850.apk – Arnova8G2)
After downloading and installing, make sure to follow the below listed recommended settings on your phone, by which you can take amazing shots easily without crashes the app.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs. The apk works both on OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.
Till now, there’s no stable build of the GCam available for the OnePlus 7 Pro. While both the apps work fine. Once the official mod available to us, We’ll update the article and link the newer apk. So, make sure to follow the recommended settings.
The app may crash or lag so, make sure to follow these settings for the butter smooth experience.
For Arnova8G2 port:
- Go to Camera app settings > Mod Settings > Advanced > Fix > select ViewFinder Format > change it to YUV_420_888.
- Go to Camera app settings > Mod Settings > Advanced > Saturation Settings >
- Back Camera Highlight Saturation to 1.7 & Shadow Saturation to 2.3
- Front Camera Highlight Saturation to 1.1 & Shadow Saturation to 2.0
You can also change the saturation settings accordingly.
For Xtrme port:
- Download Config Settings, which save the recommended settings.
- Once downloaded, you can extract it using ES file explorer on the root storage.
- Create a new folder named GCam in the root folder and then open GCam folder and make a Configs folder.
- Then, copy the config (OP7PSettingYTECHB.xml) file in /Internal Storage/GCam/Configs/ (folder).
- Open Google Camera and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown (with OP7PSettingYTECHB.xml), available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
Note: If the App still not works after restoring the settings, you can go to the System Settings > Apps > Google Camera > Force Stop & open the app again.
How to Install Google Camera on OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro
- First, download the GCam Mod from the above link.
- Once downloaded, Install the Google Camera apk on your OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Open the app & grant the needed permissions like Camera, Microphone, Storage, and Location.
- That’s it.
So, start capturing the realistic & amazing pictures with your OnePlus 7 & 7 Pro.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 6.2 for any Android Phone
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: