Android 12 Stable is coming soon for the Pixel devices. And this means other OEMs will also release Android 12 developer builds to their top phones. In Fact, some OEMs have already started testing. And Nokia has also released the first Android 12 developer preview for Nokia X20. All the users with Nokia X20 can now taste the experience of Android 12. Here’s how you can get Android 12 Developer Preview on Nokia X20.
Android 12 comes with major refinements, including a major UI overhaul along with a bunch of new features. As always you will also see new Privacy features that will show you the service icon currently in use like a Camera, Microphone, location, etc. And you will be able to deny that access with just a tap.
We weren’t expecting a fast move from Nokia as there are still many Nokia phones left to receive Android 11. Fortunately, Nokia announced the first Android 12 developer preview for Nokia X20, which means we can expect a stable release soon after the Android 12 official release for Pixel.
If you have a Nokia X20 device and want to participate, then you can easily opt for the Android 12 developer preview. But first, make sure to check out important notes.
- Take a full backup as upgrading and downgrading will remove all the data
- As this is a preview build, it can have some bugs (avoid on daily drivers if you mind bugs)
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
How to Install Android 12 Developer Preview on Nokia X20
- Update the My Phone app to the latest version on your phone.
- Open the My Phone app and click on the Support banner at the bottom.
- Scroll down and click Android Developer Preview.
- Allow the app to check IMEI and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now after applying for Android 12 developer preview Nokia team will push the Android 12 DP via OTA within 12 hours which you can install on your phone.
- You can also manually check for the update 20 minutes after applying. Go to Settings > About Phone > System Update.
- And when the Android 12 developer preview appears click on Download & Install to get the update.
Now you can enjoy the new Android 12 on your Nokia X20. In case later you want to downgrade to Android 11 for some reason, you can do that too. You can use the My Phone app to request rollback. Also for more information check out the source page.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Nokia Smartphones (All) [Latest APK]
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave comments in the comment box. Also, share the article with your friends.
- Download Nokia OST Tool to Flash Nokia Firmware (All Versions)
- Download Nokia X20 Stock Wallpapers [FHD+]
- Nokia 2.4 starts receiving stable Android 11 Update