Nokia 6 is one of the phones which started receiving the Android Pie update as promised by HMD Global. If you have Nokia 6 and want to update it Android Pie then you are at right place. Here you can Download & Install Nokia 6 Android Pie update manually. Along with Nokia 6 (2017), Nokia 2.1 and Nokia 8 also started getting Android Pie update.
It’s good to get the latest Android updates on a two-year-old device. Nokia 6 was launched on January 2017 with Android Nougat and then it received Android Oreo update. And now is the time for Android Pie update. The Android Pie update comes with all of its goodies like Adaptive brightness, Digital Wellbeing and many more.
The updated version is numbered v6.12H for Android Pie. And the size of this Android Pie update is around 1.7GB. The update will be reached to every device by region and batches. So you may have to wait a little bit to get this update. Luckily the OTA firmware for Android Pie update is available which means you can update your Nokia 6 instantly.
Nokia 6 Android Pie update is for the global region and so each user will get the update, they have to just wait. I would like to thank qwertysmerty for sharing the Android Pie OTA firmware for Nokia 6 on XDA Forum.
Nokia 6 (2017) – Details
It sports a 5.5-inch FHD (1080×1920 pixels) display with 403ppi density. The device is powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 an Octa-core processor which comes with Adreno 505 GPU. Nokia 6 couples with 3/4 GB RAM with 32/64 GB Storage respectively.
On the camera side, it has a 16-megapixel camera on the back which can record 1080p videos at 30fps. And at the front, it has an 8-megapixel selfie camera which can record 1080p videos at 30fps. It boasts with an average battery of 3000mAh power.
Nokia 6 (2017) Android Pie Update – What’s New
The update size may vary according to regions which can be in between 1.6GB & 1.7GB. Read the new features and Advisory Notes.
- Software Upgrade – Android 9 Pie (v6.12H)
- New system navigation, settings menu and notifications
- Adaptive Battery power prioritisation for users most commonly used apps/services
- Adaptive and optimised brightness levels
- Predictive Application Actions
- Digital Wellbeing helps you focus on what matters most to you
- Google Security Patch 2019-02
This Android Pie update for Nokia 6 (2017) comes with the latest February 2019 security patch. It means the device will be more secure than the previous updates. Digital Wellbeing is also included in the update to track and limit the uses of various Apps and Games. It also helps to save battery life and keeps track of everything.
The whole new notification animations with a small change in Settings interface you will see in this new update. Adaptive power prioritization will help you to extend battery life by suspending the non-used-applications and services from the background.
Adaptive Brightness is also included as features in Android Pie update which will help users to see the screen in various light conditions without changing the brightness levels manually. The phone will automatically adjust the brightness according to the lights by using the sensor.
Predictive Application Actions is one of the most talked features which save users time. In this feature, most used apps will show on top in App drawer. Also when you tap and hold on any App icon it will show multiple tasks that you can do in just one tap.
Note: Make sure to check for updates manually before downloading and installing the firmware. To do so Open Settings and go to About Phone > Check for Updates. Install the update if available and if not then use the OTA Zip file to update.
Download Nokia 6 (2017) Android Pie Update
If you one of those who doesn’t get updates on time or if you want to update your phone right now then you can download the OTA zip file and install it manually. Download link and installation procedure are available below. The size of the OTA Zip is approx 1.7GB.
Android Pie update for Nokia 6
Source of the OTA Zip – XDA Forum
Install Stable Android Pie on Nokia 6 (2017) with OTA Zip
- Charge your phone at least 50%
- Transfer the OTA zip to Phone (Internal or External storage)
- Take a full backup of your device (just for precaution)
- Make sure your phone is not Rooted
Steps to Install Android Pie on Nokia 6
- Download and Copy the OTA Zip to Phone.
- Connect the charger to your phone.
- Completely Turn Off your Nokia 6.
- When charging animation appears, press and hold Volume Up + Power button and when “powered by Android” screen appears, release the Power button. Hold the Volume Up till it boots into Recovery Mode.
- In case of No Command screen – If No Command screen appear press and hold Volume Up + Power + Home button till it boots up into Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode use the Volume keys to navigate and select “Apply update from SD Card“.
- Locate the downloaded OTA Zip (Nokia 6 Android Pie update file) file and install it.
- After installation select “Reboot system now“.
- Now you will see a new Android Pie on Nokia 6, so Enjoy.
There you have it the Android Pie Installation procedure on Nokia 6 (2017). Now you will be able to experience the latest Android version on your phone.
You May Also Like: Download Google Camera 6.1 for Nokia Smartphones (All)
That’s all for this guide on Nokia 6 Android Pie update. If you have any queries feel free to ask in the comment section.