Nokia 8 Sirocco is one of the best phones in terms of design and performance. And the good news is that HMD is now rolling out Android Pie 9.0 Stable update for Nokia 8 Sirocco. In this guide, we will share how to download and install Nokia 8 Sirocco Android Pie update. The Android Pie update for Nokia 8 Sirocco is available in India, USA, and all other countries (global update).
Some of the Nokia 8 Sirocco users have already got this Android Pie update on their phones. And if you want the update right now on your phone then this tutorial will help you to do so. This is the right time for Nokia to launch Android 9 on their flagship smartphone Nokia 8 Sirocco. Because some phones from brands like Samsung, Google, Xiaomi, Motorola, LG has already got Android Pie updates. Take a look at the features to see what changes you will see in Nokia 8 Sirocco Android Pie Update.
Nokia 8 Sirocco Android Pie Update Features
With the new Android 9, the Nokia 8 Sirocco will effectively change in performance which I am going to list below. Android 9 is the major upgrade with recent December security patch for Nokia 8 Sirocco. So if you are waiting for a long time to get Android Pie update on your Nokia 8 Sirocco then your wait is finally over.
Check out the new features mentioned in Press Release:
- Android 9 Key Features:
- App Actions – Helps you get things done faster by predicting your next move and displaying the right action on your phone
- Slices – Identifies relevant information of your favourite apps to make them more easily accessible when you need them
- Adaptive Battery – Uses deep learning to understand usage patterns and prioritise battery power on important apps
- Adaptive Brightness – Automatically adapts phone brightness by learning from your interactions
- New system navigation – Features a single home button that provides intelligent predictions and suggestions (user enabled)
- Digital Wellbeing Features:
- Dashboard – Highlights screen time and phone usage including how many times the device has been unlocked and number of notifications received
- App Timers – Set time limits on app usage
- Wind Down and Do Not Disturb – Set a daily schedule to get your phone ready for bed. Your screen fades to Grayscale, while Do Not Disturb silences notifications for a restful sleep. You can activate Do Not Disturb anytime you want to disconnect.
What’s New in Interface:
- Android 9 Pie complete Stock look
- New system navigation, setting menu and notifications
- Adaptive Battery power prioritization for user’s most commonly used Apps and Services
- Adaptive and optimized brightness levels
- Google security patch 2018-12
These are the key features highlighted in the press release from HMD. Along with these all the Android Pie features will also be there on Nokia 8 Sirocco. So enjoy updating your Nokia 8 Sirocco to Android Pie.
- Charge your phone’s battery to at least 50%
- Backup your data, in case of failures you can recover it
- WiFi connection or cellular Internet data (To download 1380 MB update)
How to Install Nokia 8 Sirocco Android Pie Update
Warning: If you install a software update, you cannot use the device, even to make emergency calls, until the installation is completed and the device is restarted.
You May Also Like – How to Get Digital Wellbeing on Android Pie Phones
Now you can Go to Settings > System > About Phone to check the Android version installed on your Phone. The new Android Pie for Nokia 8 Sirocco should have released in November but we are getting it in January. After Nokia 8 Sirocco Android Pie update you will definitely see the increase in performance including gaming, multitasking, battery performance and also network boost. So enjoy the latest Android 9 pie on your Nokia 8 Sirocco phone.