This week, Huawei has started rolling out the stable EMUI 9.1 update for some phones. This time the EMUI 9.1.0 arrives on Huawei P20 Pro and Huawei Mate 10. Recently, the US Government has lifted the ban from the US companies to sell their products to Huawei, which means you’ll get the newer Android updates. And the company kept the promise of providing new software updates to their phones. And here you download & install EMUI 9.1 stable update on Huawei P20 Pro & Mate 10.
The EMUI 9 is not much exciting skin, but the new EMUI 9.1 has brought some really cool new features to your Huawei phone. According to Huawei, the app launching time on the EMUI 9.1 is 20% faster than the previous OS. It also comes with Video Ringtones, GPU Turbo 3.0, EROFS technology, new swipe gestures, Huawei Vlog, and a lot of improvements. The update for Huawei P20 Pro is currently weeding in Thailand and some other Asian regions. The update will arrive via over the air (OTA), while you can also manually update your smartphone.
After successfully releasing the update for Mate 20 series, Huawei now pushes it to the old flagship and mid-range flagship phones. Now, The Android Pie 9.0 based EMUI 9.1 update is available for both the Huawei P20 Pro and Huawei Mate 10. The update is size around 4.04GB for Huawei Mate 10 (Dual-Sim) & 5.4GB for Huawei P20 Pro with a version number 18.104.22.1680(C605E2R1P11T8) for ALP-029 and 9.1.0.0311(C432E5R1P9T8) for L09C & L29C. The update brings the latest security patch alongside the new features. You can follow the below manual method to update the phone to the latest EMUI 9.1. Now, Let’s take a look at the Changelog for the update, and then follow the installation process.
Huawei P20 Pro & Mate 10 EMUI 9.1 – Changelog
EMUI 9.1 is designed to further streamline and enhance the quality of your user experience. This system version allows you to swipe up on a video in Gallery to generate an MV and customize videos for incoming calls from your contacts. GPU Turbo 3.0 revamps graphics processing ability for an improved gaming experience. This update also improves the user experience with simplified settings and better device interactions.
- Adds the EROFS system function, which improves app speed and fluidity.
- Improves system performance and fixes an issues of slow responsiveness in certain scenarios.
Incoming call video
- Customises incoming call videos for your contacts.
GPU Turbo 3.0
- Huawei’s GPU Turbo 3.0 acceleration technology supports dozens of more games, allowing you to enjoy an improved gaming experience.
- Automatically generates highlight reels, applies effects templates, and creates MVs with a single touch.
- Simplifies settings and options for easier operation
- Integrates Android security patches released in July 2019 for improved system security.
Download EMUI 9.1 Firmware for Huawei P20 Pro & Mate 10
This is an OTA (over-the-air) based update, which may take time to reach to every single device. So, If you’re in a hurry, you can simply download the firmware from the below download link. Make sure to follow the step by step installation guide. And get ready to taste the new EMUI 9.1.0 stable update based on Android Pie 9.0. You can download the firmware here.
- Download EMUI 9.1.0 Firmware for Huawei P20 Pro [Link Here]
- Download EMUI 9.1.0 Firmware for Huawei Mate 10 [Link Here]
- Before updating, Must charge your phone more than 60%
- The Update will not wipe your data, but it is safe to take a full backup of data on your phone
- A microSD card.
- Make sure that your bootloader is locked, and your smartphone is not rooted.
- Before updating your phone, Enable the USB Debugging settings.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm
How to Install EMUI 9.1 on Huawei P20 Pro & Mate 10 [using Dload Method]
- At first, download the stock firmware for your Huawei P20 Pro or Mate 10 from the above-listed links.
- Once done, extract the file on your PC and find the update.APP file.
- Create a new folder on your PC and rename it with a new name called “dload“.
- Now copy the update.APP file in the dload folder.
- Then, connect your Huawei P20 Pro or Mate 10 to your PC.
- Copy the dload folder in the SD card, make sure it is placed out of all folders aka root folder.
- Now disconnect your phone and power it off.
- All done, Press the Power button and Volume Up key simultaneously till the Huawei logo appears.
- It will start installing the EMUI 9.1.0 stock firmware on your Huawei P20 Pro or Huawei Mate 10.
- Once done, It will show the message, your smartphone is updated and restart your smartphone.
- After the update, the first boot may take a long time than the usual boot time.
- That’s it.
Now you can start using your Huawei Mate 10 or the Huawei P20 Pro on the latest EMUI 9.1.
You May Also Like – Download Honor 9X Pro Wallpapers
If you’ve any doubt regarding the update. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
More Related Articles: