Huawei has started rolling out EMUI 9.1 based update for the Huawei’s Mate 20 Lineup phones. Huawei Mate 20 Pro is undoubtedly one of the best camera phones of the year 2018. And the company kept the promise of providing the latest Android updates under the 90 days of the grace period. Well, Most of these EMUI 9.1 updates are the beta updates. If the US government withdraws the ban from Huawei, then we can see stable updates in Huawei phones. And here you download & install EMUI 9.1 update on Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 Lite, Mate 20 X, and RS Variant.
Huawei’s EMUI 9 is not much exciting custom skin, while EMUI 9.1 has brought a bunch of really cool and useful features to the Huawei phones. It comes with features like EROFS technology, GPU Turbo 3.0, new swipe gestures, and a lot of improvements. The update for Huawei Mate 20 X is currently weeding in the UK, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Thailand, Denmark, Singapore, and others as well. The update will arrive via over the air (OTA), while you can also update using Huawei HiCare Beta app.
You can easily update your Huawei Mate 20 lineup phones to the latest EMUI 9.1 update based on Android Pie 9.0 using HiCare app. The update is size around 4.04GB with a version number 18.104.22.1680(C185E3R2P1). Not only the new features, but the update also brings the latest security patch. You can follow the below manual method to update the phone to the latest EMUI 9.1. Now, Let’s take a look at the Changelog for the update, and then follow the installation process.
Huawei Mate 20 Lineup EMUI 9.1 Update – Changelog
EMUI 9.1 is designed to further streamline and enhance the quality of your user experience. This system version allows you to swipe up on a video in Gallery to generate an MV and customize videos for incoming calls from your contacts. GPU Turbo 3.0 revamps graphics processing ability for an improved gaming experience. This update also improves the user experience with simplified settings and better device interactions.
- Adds the EROFS system function, which improves app speed and fluidity.
Incoming call video
- Customises incoming call videos for your contacts.
- Before updating, Must charge your phone more than 60%
- The Update will not wipe your data, but it is safe to take a full backup of data on your phone
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm
How to Install EMUI 9.1 on Huawei Mate 20 Phones
Installing the beta updates on Huawei phones is one of the easiest ways to install the latest beta updates. Yes, you can simply download the HiCare beta app on your phone and then follow the instructions to update your phone.
- Download HiCare Beta app (Download APK Link)
- Go to Huawei Beta Program page and download the Friendly User Test app.
- Install the app on your Huawei Mate 20 Pro or other Mate 20 series phone.
- Open the Friendly User Test app and login with the Huawei ID (Same ID which you are using on the phone).
- Now click on ‘Join Project’ in the Personal category.
- In Join project you need to select the Available project section.
- Select and join to the latest available Beta program. If there is a right tick it means you are good to go.
- Now to update you need to open Settings.
- Then go to System > System update. Search for update and it will show the Android Pie based EMUI 9.1 beta update.
- That’s it.
Now you can start using your phone on the latest EMUI 9.1.
You May Also Like – Download Huawei Nova 5 Pro Wallpapers
If you’ve any doubt regarding the update. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
More Related Articles: