Samsung’s Galaxy AI is currently powering up the Galaxy S24 lineup with a bunch of useful AI tools. Today, we will be talking about another great AI tool that can help you with your text messages. Ever had someone who was texting you in a language you didn’t understand or you were texting someone in a language that the other person didn’t understand? Well, you can put all of these headaches and language barriers with the help of Chat Assist from Galaxy AI on the S24 lineup.
Thanks to AI and such tools, bridging the language gap has become ever so easy. Now, if you are someone using the Galaxy S24, or planning to get one of the S24 devices, or for that matter waiting for the Galaxy AI and One UI 6.1 update for the S23, Tab S9, or even the Z Fold/Flip 5, then this guide is for you.
How to Enable Chat Assist on the Galaxy S24
Before we dig into how you can make use of the Chat Assist feature on your Galaxy S24 device, you will need to first enable it. Yes, this is something that you need to do, because not everyone might be interested in using the feature right away when they get their Galaxy S24. So, follow these steps to enable Chat Assis on your Galaxy S24.
- Open the Settings app on your Galaxy S24.
- Scroll and tap on Advanced Features.
- Next, tap on Advanced Intelligence.
- Tap on Samsung Keyboard and then Chat Translation on the Writing Assist page
- Make sure to switch the toggle to On to enable Chat Assist on your Galaxy S24.
- Swipe back to the Writing Assist page and tap on Style and Grammar.
- Make sure to keep this toggle also on. If you want you can choose to have the processing take place locally or via the cloud by switching on or off the second toggle about processing.
Now that you have enabled Chat Assist on your Galaxy S24. it is time to now make use of this AI tool. One thing to note is that this will work only when making use of the Samsung keyboard. Installing any other keyboard and trying to use this feature will not work as it’s an AI tool designed to work and integrate perfectly with Samsung first-party apps.
How to Use Chat Assist on The Galaxy S24
Now you have enabled Chat Assist on your Galaxy S24, it is time to make use of this exciting and cool feature. As an example, I will use the Messages app on the Galaxy S24 Ultra to show you how the Chat Assist feature can be used.
- First off, open the Messages app on your Galaxy S24.
- Now, in the text field, type in the message but, do not send it yet.
- Tap on the Galaxy AI icon that is present on the keyboard’s menu bar.
- A pop-up menu will now appear on the screen.
- You can choose from three options – Translate, Writing Style, or Spelling and Grammar.
- You can choose whatever option you like and Galaxy AI will perform the task live on your device instantly.
This is how you can enable and make use of the Chat Assist feature on the Galaxy S24 with Galaxy AI. Best of all, you can use Chat Assist with several text messaging apps such as the Messages app, WhatsApp, and any other app that you use to send and receive text messages.
This concludes the guide on how you can make use of the Chat Assist AI tool on your Galaxy S24 lineup. While this feature is quite useful and perfect to help you get things done quickly and correctly, how many people out there will be making regular use of these tools? Will you be using these Galaxy AI-powered tools on your Galaxy S24? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
- How to Add App Shortcuts to Air Command Menu on the Galaxy S24 Ultra
- How To Take A Screenshot On Samsung Galaxy S24 (Ultra) [All Methods]
- How to Add Animated Weather Effects to any Wallpaper on Galaxy S24
- Download Samsung Galaxy S24 (Ultra) Wallpapers [4K Resolution]
- How to Use Object Eraser to Edit Photos on Galaxy S24 Series
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra Pre-Installed Apps List
- How to Use Circle to Search on Galaxy S24 and Pixel 8 Series
- Everything You Need to Know About Circle to Search
- How to Use Google Lens on iPhone and iPad
- One UI 6.1 Features List: It’s No Small Update
- List of Samsung Galaxy Devices Eligible for One UI 6.1 Update
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Buyers Guide – Time to Upgrade or Skip?
- Samsung Galaxy S24 AI Features: Top Picks to Explore
- Free AI for Galaxy S24 Lineup to end in 2025
- How many Android Updates will Galaxy S24 Get
- Does the Samsung Galaxy S24 Lineup Come with Curved Displays?