ROG phone series is a popular gaming smartphone series from Asus. Asus made its entry to gaming smartphones with its popular gaming PC name. It gave the initial boost to Asus in the smartphone industry and now the company is one of the best Gaming Smartphone producers. The latest ROG Phone 3 has recently received the unbrick Tool to bring the device from a dead state. Here you will know how to unbrick Asus ROG Phone 3.
ROG Phones support custom development works like custom ROMs, custom Recoveries, various modules, and more which is effective for device performance. But it all comes with a risk that you can temporarily brick your device. And if you are well familiar with Unbrick Tool then it has nothing to worry about. The tool may be tricky to use but once you are familiar with it then it’s all fun.
There are many reasons to try rooting an Android phone or modify the phone like updated features even if the company drops official support. But the main reason for the modification of a gaming smartphone is enhanced and optimized gaming. There are various gaming modules to tweak gaming experience but most of the advanced modules require root access. And so it’s another reason to root an Android phone.
Download Unbrick Tool for Asus ROG Phone 3
In case if you end up bricking your phone while attempting to root or flashing custom ROMs, then this guide will you to recover your device. But it is not as easy as Samsung or Xiaomi phones. It is a bit complex method but can be easily done. The method that we will be sharing in this guide requires Asus ROG Phone 3 Unbrick Tool. And thanks to deadlyindian for sharing the unbrick tool on XDA. He is a senior member at XDA so if you want to appreciate him for his help then use his profile link.
The unbrick tool is already available for the other two ROG phones, but since the ROG Phone 3 launched just about a few months ago, the tool wasn’t available before. The Unbrick Tool is available in 1GB and so you need to make sure you have enough data before you download the Asus ROG Phone 3 unbrick tool on your PC. Use the below-given link to download the tool.
Once you have the tool, you can easily unbrick your phone if your device is bricked. There are some other files that are required for this process such as firmware and also you need to take care of some initial steps.
- Download Firmware for your Asus ROG Phone 3 (Download)
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers
- Install Qualcomm EDL Drivers
- Only works on Windows 7 or newer version
How to Unbrick Asus ROG Phone 3 with Unbrick Tool
As we can’t take backup device data from the bricked situation, but in case if you are using an SD card then you can remove it. However, it doesn’t affect micro SD cards but playing safe in these situations is the key to a successful implementation.
This method requires the device to be in EDL mode. And if you are not able to boot into EDL Mode but it can boot into Fastboot mode then you can flash firmware using the QPST tool or Xiaomi Flash Tool.
Follow the below steps to boot ROG Phone 3 into EDL mode and unbrick ROG Phone 3.
- Extract the downloaded EDL Unbrick Tool on your computer.
- Now connect your phone to your computer (use the side port).
- Run the 1ROG3_VFLASH_EDL.cmd file which will be available in the EDL Unbrick Tool folder.
- It will give EDL Success message, then wait for 2-3 minutes and you device will boot into bootloader mode. Check in Device Manager if your device shows up as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008.
- If you see the QDLoader 9008 in the device manager then press and hold Power Key + Volume down key for 12-13 seconds until you don’t see it in the device manager.
- Now try to power on your device to boot into bootloader required for the further steps.
- Now extract the firmware file on your computer and run the zs661ks_raw_flashall.bat file to flash the firmware on Asus ROG Phone 3. I assume you have the correct firmware.
- Wait for some time and your device will boot into the system.
- That’s all, now you have unbricked your Asus ROG Phone 3 using the unbrick Tool.
In case if you are not able to boot into EDL mode then you can try deep flash cable to flash the firmware on your device. No wonder that the steps are complex but when you try it your own, you will be more comfortable with the process.
And now you are aware of the unbrick process, so you can perform any modification or system changes without worrying to brick your device.
You May Also Like – Download Asus ZenFone 7 Pro Wallpapers
So there you have it the complete guide on how to unbrick Asus ROG Phone 3 with EDL Unbrick Tool. In case if you have queries then let us know in the comment section.