Yesterday, ROG teased a poster of releasing a stable Android 10 update for ROG Phone 2 on its official Twitter handle. But for some reason, the post has been taken down by the company. And then the company has released a press release, and according to the press release, the update has started rolling to the ROG Phone 2 (II). Today, some users reported on social media that they started receiving Android 10 updates on their phones. Not only this, the FOTA zip is also available to download and sideload. Here you can Download ROG Phone 2 Android 10 Update [Stable OTA].
In November 2019, the company released the Android 10 stable update for Asus ZenFone 6Z. And In December, they have started testing Android 10 update on ROG Phone 2 as a beta. Today, finally Asus has started rolling out Android 10 stable update for ROG Phone II. As of now, the OTA (over-the-air) update is in a rolling phase. But if you’re in a haste and want to taste the features of Android 10, then you can sideload the update by downloading the OTA from the download section.
Talking about the features then, It brings system-wide dark theme, full-screen gesture navigation, advanced settings for brightness in the quick settings panel, system improvements, alongside with all the basic features of Android 10. This build gains software version 17.0210.2001.68-1.1.97 and it weighs around 2.25GB in size. Here’s the complete changelog, you can check before downloading the OTA.
Android 10 Update for ROG Phone II – Changelog
- When reboot the device after system upgrade, dark screen will last about 30 seconds, depending on data size, before startup animation. Please be patient.
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 10. If you want to downgrade your device’s software version to Android 9 by official software package, it will erase all data from your device’s internal storage.
- Upgraded system to Android 10.
- Support Google Play system update.
- Removed Go2Pay and tags ability in Gallery.
- Support more Aura system lightning scenarios when mounting Lighting Armor case.
- Added advanced settings to brightness bar on the Quick Settings panel.
- Applied call exclusive mode system-wide. Removed the relaed setting from Armoury crate.
- Added a setting to change the style of power button menu.
- Added fully gestural navigation in Display setting.
- Support Android 10 Dark Theme.
- Added “Suggested actions and replies” in notifications advanced setting.
- No pinned notification when System lighting is turned on for Music.
- Changed the add Wi-Fi network design.
- Some 3rd part apps aren’t compatible with Android 10 yet.
- The “Gestures on dark screen” will be turned off after screen upgrade.
Download Asus ROG Phone 2 Android 10 Update [OTA Zip]
The OTA update is currently seeding in regions of India and China, it may take some time to reach every unit. But there’s a way by which you can taste the features of Android 10 before arriving the OTA notification. Yes, you can download the FOTA update from the below download link and update your ROG Phone 2 manually to Android 10. Here’s the download link.
- Download Android 10 Stable Update for Asus ROG Phone II [OTA Zip]
- Before updating, Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to Update Asus ROG Phone II to Android 10
- First, download the update package if not downloaded.
- Copy the FOTA file to the root directory of phone storage (outside of every folder).
- Once done, turn off your smartphone.
- After reboot, your phone will automatically detect the update file.
- Click on the notification and then select update now.
- It will now extract the package and update your smartphone.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, reboot your smartphone.
- That’s it.
Now you can start using your smartphone running on Android 10.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for ROG Phone 2
If you’ve any queries regarding the update, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article on social media.
More Related Articles: