LG Smart TVs are known for their great video output as well as audio quality. They have a large number of smart TVs that run on their in-house operating system called WebOS. Because this is their own in-house operating system, there are certain customization options that you can make use of to get the best experience out of your LG Smart TV. One of the cool features of owning an LG Smart TV is that you can get the option to change the default input mode of your TV.
However, a few might wonder, why would you want to change the default input of your LG smart TV. Is it that difficult for you to just press a button on your Tv remote? Well, it’s not difficult at all, but, if you are someone that mainly uses their laptop or PC and uses the LG Smart TV as their additional display via HDMI, then it would be great to have the TV automatically switch to the HDMI input the moment you switch the TV on. So, if you’re someone looking out to change the default input on your LG Smart TV, you’ve come to the right place.
How to Change Default Input on LG Smart TV
Now that you know you can change the default input on your LG smart TV, it’s time to look at the steps that you need to know how you can change the default input on your LG smart TV. This should work
- First, power up your LG Smart TV and grab the remote that came along with your LG Smart TV.
- Now, press the Input button on your LG TV remote.
- At the bottom of the display, you should see a menu being displayed.
- This menu displays all the various input devices connected to your LG smart TV.
- Choose the first option that says Home Dashboard.
- Highlight the section that says TV/Input/mobile.
- It will display all the input devices that are connected to it.
- Simply select the device and that is it.
- Your LG smart TV will now power up and switch to the selected input mode right away.
Change Default Input On LG C1 and C2 Smart TVs
If you own an LG C1 or LG C2 Smart TV, you can follow these steps to change the default input mode.
- Grab the TV remote for your LG C1 or C2 smart TV.
- Now, press and hold the Settings button on your TV remote.
- Using the numpad on the remote, press 1,1,0, 5, and finally, the OK button.
- Select the Public Display Settings option and switch the toggle On.
- Scroll to the bottom till you find the Power on Default.
- Here you can choose what HDMI input mode you want the TV to switch to whenever you switch the LG TV on.
Change Default Input on LG G1 Smart TV and Similar Models
If you have an LG G1 smart TV or an LG TV that is similar to the LG G1, you can check these steps to change the default input method.
- Switch the TV On and grab the remote that came with it.
- Now, press and hold the Input button. You will be taken to the Home Dashboard.
- Navigate and select the three vertical dots at the top right corner.
- From the Options menu that opens, select the Edit option.
- Now, choose the Edit Inputs option.
- Here, you can easily edit the Input Label by giving it a name of your choice.
- Go back to the Home Dashboard and select the Input on the left of your screen.
- Because you have also given the Input a name, you can use the voice assistant and simply say the snake for the Input. The TV will switch away to the Input mode right away.
This continues the guide on how you can easily change the default input option on your LG Smart TV. The steps are the same if not similar when it comes to different LG TV models. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.