LG Smart TVs have been around for a long time. These TVs are known to last long as well as have a good price tag. You’ll find LG TVs of different sizes available at different price points. With the LG Smart TV, you can install various streaming apps and even watch your content if you’ve got a cable network connection. Do you know, you could also use your Smart TV as a projector screen? Here is a guide on how to screen share on LG Smart TV from Android, iPhone, or Windows PC.
A Smart TV becomes even more Smatter when you can make more use out of it. So, why would you make it a wireless display? For starters, you can easily display images, videos, and even documents from your phone to the big screen so that people can view it easily without the need of having to connect any sorts of wires. For that matter you’ll be able to cast almost any app from your smartphone to the smart TV, this includes streaming services as well. Read on to know how to screen share from an Android, iOS, and PC to the LG Smart TV.
How to screen share on LG Smart TV
You can screen share content from an Android, iOS, or Windows PC easily to the LG smart TV. Since these are modern devices, they will be having screen share built tight into the device. Also, your LG Smart TV will be having screencast or Miracast features enabled automatically to display the other device’s screens.
How to Screen Share from Android Device to LG Smart TV
- First things first, you will need to connect your LG Smart TV to a WiFi network.
- Also, ensure that your Android Smartphone is also connected to the same WiFi network.
- Pick up your Android smartphone and open the Settings app.
- If the Settings app has a search bar, simply type in Screen Mirror, Wireless Display, Screen Share, Cast, or Smart View. Or if you’ve a shortcut in notification bar, then you can also use it to enable Screen cast.
- Once you find it in the search results, you can open it, and then it will begin to search for wireless displays connected to the same WiFi network.
- Your phone will now display a list of available wireless displays. Select your LG Smart TV from the list.
- The phone will now be able to automatically screen share itself to your LG Smart TV.
How to Screen share from iPhone to LG Smart TV
- Power up your LG Smart TV and connect it to a WiFi network.
- Also, connect your iOS device to the same WiFi network as that of the Smart TV.
- Take the remote for your LG Smart TV and press the Home button.
- The LG Home screen with various apps will be displayed at the bottom of your TV Screen.
- Navigate and select the Home Dashboard option.
- With the Home Dashboard menu open, scroll to the right. You will see an option that says AirPlay. Select it.
- It will now display the Apple AirPlay menu. This will show you the name of your Smart TV as well as other settings for Apple AirPlay.
- Select the AirPlay settings option. Now, make sure that AirPlay is enabled or switched On.
- Now, take your iOS device and bring up the Control Center.
- Tap on the Screen Mirroring tile.
- The iOS device will now begin to search for wireless AirPlay devices that are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Select your LG Smart TV from the list of available devices.
- It will now ask you to enter a 4-digit code. This code will be displayed on your LG Smart TVs screen.
- Once you have entered the 4-digit code, the iOS device will screen mirror itself to your LG Smart TV right away.
How to Screen Share from Windows PC to LG Smart TV
- Power up your Windows PC and your LG Smart TV. Make sure that they are both connected to the same WiFi network.
- On your Windows 10 or 11 PC, simply right-click on the desktop to bring up the context menu.
- Select the Display Settings option.
- This will now open the Display Settings page from the Settings app.
- On a Windows 10 PC, simply scroll down a bit till you find the Connect to a Wireless Display option. Click on it.
- The PC will now begin to search for Wireless Displays. Select your TV from the screen or you can open Quick Shortcuts to Connect to your Smart TV.
- The LG Smart TV will ask if you wish to allow the PC to connect to your TV’s display. Select Yes.
- On a Windows 11 PC scroll down till you find the Multiple Displays option.
- When you click on it, you will see the Connect to a Wireless Display option. Click on the Connect button.
- It will begin to search for wireless displays on the network.
- Select your TV, approve the connection on your TV and you are good to go.
And this is how you can screen share from any device to the LG Smart TV. Do note that while any Android and Windows PC can connect easily to the LG Smart TV, newer iOS devices will require that your LG mar TV has Apple AirPlay 2 built-in. LG Smart TVs from 2019 and newer have the Apple AirPlay feature built into the TV. We hope this guide has helped you in knowing how to connect your device and screen share it to the LG Smart TV easily.
You May Also Like – How to Cast to LG Smart TV
If you still have any query on how to screen share on LG Smart TV, then let us know in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Stuff: