Ever wondered if you ever had a chance to make use of one remote for two devices? This would solve the headache of you having to keep both remotes in place, remember to change batteries for both of them, and all that. For example, it would be so much better to be able to control your DVR and TV with just one remote. If you have a DirecTV DVR then you are in good hands. Here is a guide on how to program DirecTV remote to LG TV.
Now you will be knowing that DirecTV is a broadcast satellite provider that provides a huge number of channels that you can view for a monthly subscription. The service also provides you a guide that shows you watch channels that are currently playing and what programs are about to be aired two or three hours from now. Overall, a great service if you still haven’t cut the cord yet. Well, you could always make use of the apps and a Wi-Fi connection on your LG Smart TV, but then it is each one on its own. Let’s take a look at how to program a DirecTV remote to the LG Smart TV.
How to Program DirecTV Remote to LG TV
- Switch your LG Smart TV off
- Slide the Switch on your DirecTV remote to TV mode.
- On your web browser visit the DirecTV Remote Control Lookup Page. It is an online webpage that will show and provide you codes that you can enter on your DirecTV Remote so that you can control the LG TV with the same remote.
- Since DirecTV has a ton of different remote models, make sure to check what your remote model is.
- The model number is present on the top left corner of your DirecTV remote.
- Select your particular remote. You will now be asked to add a new TV. Select it.
- Simply type in LG in the box or scroll and select your TVs brand name.
- After selecting your TV brand, it will now ask you to enter the model number of your LG Smart TV.
- You will find this info at the back of the TV, on the user’s manual, or even on the box that the TV came in.
- If you can’t find all that information, simply select the I don’t know my TV Model.
- The Lookup Code page will show you a list of codes that can be used to pair the remote to the LG TV.
- Now, take your DirecTV remote and press the Select and Mute buttons till the LED light on the remote flashes twice.
- Here is when you should be entering the codes that you got for the LG TV from the DirecTV Code Lookup page.
- With the correct code entered, the remote will flash its LED light. And this is how you will be able to use the DirecTV remote to control your DVR as well as your LG TV.
Program DirecTV RC 71 Remote to LG TV
- Turn on your LG TV as well as your DirecTV DVR.
- Now, press the Select and Mute buttons. Hold them till you spot the green light at the top that flashes twice.
- Enter 961 on the DirecTV remote. Also, press the Channel up button and lastly press the Enter button.
- Your DirecTV Remote will now begin to flash the light at a fast pace.
- Your TV will now display that it is Applying the RF/IR Setup. It will also show that the remote is ready to be used with the remote.
Program DirecTV Remote via Settings Menu
- Now, you will want to press the Menu button on your DirecTV remote.
- Scroll over to the Settings option, select it and press the right arrow key.
- Right scroll till you find the Remote Control option.
- Press the Select button on your remote. Now select the Pair/Program remote and then select the Change Your TV option.
- Type in your TV brand and then select it from the list.
- You can now select the model of your TV. If you don’t know it, simply click on the I don’t know my model
- It will now begin to use codes to connect your TV to the remote. Keep clicking on Try New Code till it finds the right one and the remote can control the basic functions of your TV.
And this is how you will be able to program the DirecTV remote to be used with your LG TV. The three methods are simple, however, the last one might take a bit longer depending on it finding the right code for your TV.
You May Also Like – How to Cast to LG Smart TV
If you found this guide helpful, do let us know about it in the comments and also tell us which one worked the best for you. And, if it didn’t work for you do let us know in the comments.
More Related Articles: