Smart TVs are great, considering that you can use them for many purposes apart from just watching TV. Playing games, watching OTT Content, and even using it as a presentation screen are some of the great ways one can make use of a Smart TV. Now, if you are one of those that has just purchased a new LG Smartt TV or for that matter even performed a reset on your LG Smart TV and wanted to know how to connect LG TV to WiFi, you can read along to know more.
Now, this is a perfect guide also for those who might have lost their LG Smart TV remote and are waiting for a replacement one because the original one was defective. There are a few ways that you can also use to connect your TV to the WiFi without having the remote with you. Being able to connect to the WiFi will let you make the best use of the LG TVs Content Store that is available on all WebOS TVs. Here is a guide on how to connect your LG SmartTV to a WiFi network
How to connect LG Smart TV to WiFi
- Power on your LG Smart TV using the remote. Make sure it’s plugged into an active source point.
- Now that your TV will display the home screen, press the Gear icon on your remote. This will bring up the Settings menu on your screen.
- Scroll through the list of options till you find the Network option.
- Once you have selected the Network option scroll and select WiFi Connection.
- It will now show you a list of WiFi networks that are in the range of your LG Smart TV.
- Select your WiFi network from the list.
- Pressing the Enter or OK button will now bring up the on-screen keyboard where you will have to enter in your network ‘ds password.
- Once you have entered the password and the TV connects to the network, you are now connected to the WiFi network on your LG Smart TV.
- To check if the network is perfectly working on your TV, simply press the Home button to view the apps on your TV and select the LG Content Store.
- If the Store loads up perfectly, then you are all set and good to go.
Troubleshoot WiFi Connection Issues
Sometimes, your TV might have a few hiccups that might cause it to not connect to the wifi network that is saved to the TV. In this case, do the following
1. Restart your LG Smart TV
The good old switch-off switch-on method works the majority of times. In this case, restarting the LG Smart TV should do the trick.
2. Disable or Turn Off Quickstart Feature.
- You can disable this by pressing the Settings button on the remote and navigating to all settings.
- Now, scroll over to General. Followed by Quickstart.
- You can select the Off option to turn Quickstart Feature off.
Ensure that your router has not reached the maximum amount of devices that it can allow to connect to it. Make sure that you haven’t changed the network password. If you have done so, then it might be time to forget the current network on the TV and connect it back again with the new password.
Connect your LG Smart TV to WiFi without a remote
- Get yourself a Wired USB Mouse.
- Connect it to the side or backports of the LG Smart TV.
- With the mouse pointer now visible on the TV. select the Live TV option and open it.
- The Live TV app will now try to open. Since the TV is not connected to the WiFi network, it will ask you to choose Recommended options. Select it.
- The TV will now tell you that your network is disconnected. Select Yes on the message alert.
- Your TV will now take you to your network settings page where you can enter in the WiFi network details and you should be all good to go.
- From here, you can now download the Remote for LG TV on Android and iOS.
- Keep in mind these are third-party apps and not the ones offered by LG.
- Connect your cellphone to the same WiFi network as that of the TV.
- Open the app. It should now find your LG Smart Tv. Select it and you should be paired to the TV.
- The app has limited functions such as power on/off, change channels, and the volume up and down.
- Control it all from your cellphone directly.
So there you have it! You now know how to connect your LG Smart TV to WiFi and even learned a few troubleshooting methods as well as the ability to get your TV connected to the WiFi without using a TV remote.
You May Also Like – How to Cast to LG Smart TV
If the guide has helped you or you face any issues, do let us know in the comments below.
More Related Articles: