A Smart TV can only be classified as a smart TV if you can use it without a remote. Thankfully, there are a lot of smart TVs in the market that can be controlled by your phone via an app. Yes, it can happen that you might have lost the original remote or maybe it just broke. So, while you wait for a replacement, are you just going to sit and not use the TV or look for an alternative way to use your TV? Thankfully, the new LG Smart TVs let you use their TVs without a remote and that is perfect! Read on to know how to change input on LG TV without remote.
Now, you could simply use the power button to power your LG TV on, which is fine, but what about being able to switch inputs or changing settings? Now, that is an important question. Luckily, there are ways that you use the TV without the need for a remote. Let’s take a look at how to change the input source on LG Smart TV without a remote.
- WiFi Connection
- LG Smart TV
- LG ThinQ App
- USB Mouse
How to change input on LG TV without Remote
- First things first, you will want to connect the mouse to the USB port of your LG Smart TV.
- Now, turn the TV on by press pressing the power button that is at the front of the TV.
- You will be taken to the home screen.
- Press the channel up and down buttons to select the Inputs option.
- You can now select the prompt by using the mouse. Simply select the input source that you want for your LG Smart TV and you are good to go.
- Make sure that your LG Smart TV is on and is connected to the WiFi network.
- If it hasn’t been connected to a WiFi network, you can make use of the mouse to navigate to settings and connect to a network right away.
- You can now download the LG ThinQ app. The app is free to download for your Android and iOS devices.
- Make sure that your mobile device and TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Open the LG ThinQ app and press the + button on the app screen.
- Select the Home Appliances section and then tap on the TV option.
- The app will begin to look for LG Smart TVs that are connected to the same WiFi network.
- When you spot your TV, select it. Your LG Smart TV will now display a verification code on its screen.
- Enter this code in the LG ThinQ app. This is done to pair the app to your LG Smart TV.
- You will now see a few buttons for your TV on your app.
- You can now navigate and select to change the volume, channel, and even the input source on your LG Smart TV.
If you have the new LG Smart TV models, you should be perfectly fine. If you have the older model LG Smart TV, then you might have to look for an older version of the app. This can be found by doing a Google search and you should be able to get it installed on your device.
And this is how you can control and change the inputs on your LG Smart TV without the need for a tv remote. Since LG Smart TVs run with their in-house WebOS, you will have to use the provided app itself. However, if LG Smart TVs come with Google’s Android TV OS, then you could simply make use of the Google Assistant by speaking out voice commands or even using the Google TV Remote app that is available for use with most Android Smart TVs.
You May Also Like – How to Cast to LG Smart TV
We hope this guide has helped you to use the LG TV without a remote. If yes, do let us know in the comments and also tell us what feature you were able to use with the app remote for the TV.
More Related Articles: