Screen casting is a great way to share your device’s screen with another bigger screen. With smart TVs around, this is a thing that can be easily done. Whether you have an Android, iOS, or Windows device you can easily cast to a TV. With regards to the LG smart TVs, this can be done perfectly, and if you have the newer LG Smart TVs from 2019, then you can even use AirPlay to cast to the LG smart TVs. If you have recently purchased a new LG Smart TV and want to know how to cast to it, here is a guide on how to cast to LG Smart TV.
As it is with Smart TVs and casting, you can easily cast audio, video, and documents to the big screen without the need of having any kind of wires. This is a very helpful way of being able to present various kinds of documents during a meeting or even when you want to be teaching something to students. Since LG Smart TVs come with amazing displays, they would work the best while using them as a presentation or a casting screen. Read on to know how to cast to LG TV.
How to cast to LG Smart TV
Since most LG Smart TVs run on webOS, a custom OS for LG TVs, one might think that process to cast to the TV would be different. In fact, it is much simple and easy to use. You can follow these methods if you have an Android or iOS device or even a Windows PC.
Before you begin to cast from your mobile device or PC to the LG Smart TV, there are a few things that you will have to do.
- Press the Settings button on your LG Smart TV remote.
- Select Settings from the side menu on the TV.
- Now, head over to either Network or Connection settings (based on your LG Smart TV model)
- Select Network Connections Settings followed by Wi-Fi Connection.
- Ensure that the TV is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Cast from Android to LG Smart TV
- Make sure that your Android device and LG Smart TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- On your Android device, look for the Wireless Display settings. It will be under different names for different mobile phones. It could be, Screen Mirror, Screen Cast, Smart View, Screen Share, or even Smart Share.
- Make sure to enable your Wireless Display setting.
- Your Android device will display a list of Wireless Displays that are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Select your LG TV from the list.
- And that is it. Your Android device is now casting right away to your LG Smart TV.
Cast from iOS Device to LG Smart TV
- Do note that for this to work, your TV should be having Apple AirPlay built into the TV. LG Smart TVs from 2019 onwards have this feature in the TVs.
- Even here, you will need to have your iOS device and LG Smart TV connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, press the home button on your LG Smart TV remote and navigate to the Home Dashboard.
- Once you find the Home dashboard, select and then navigate to the AirPlay option.
- It will now bring up the AirPlay Settings screen. Here, you will find settings such as the code requirements and other subtitle and captioning options.
- Now, take your iOS device swipe down from the top right to bring in the Control Center.
- Tap on the Screen Mirroring tile.
- It will search for AirPlay-enabled devices. Select your LG Smart TV from the list.
- It will now ask you to enter a code on your iOS device. The code will be shown on your LG Smart TV.
- Once you have entered the code you will be able to screen mirror your iOS device to the LG Smart TV right away.
Cast from Windows PC to LG Smart TV
Casting from your Windows PC to the LG Smart TV is simple and super easy. Provided your system supports Miracast and is connected to the same Wi-Fi network you will be able to cast to the LG Smart TV easily.
- On your desktop, simply right-click to bring the context menu up.
- Select Display Settings from the context menu.
- You will now be taken to the Settings app where you will be able to adjust a lot of display settings.
- Scroll a bit down and select the Connect to Wireless Display or you can open control center and click on Connect option.
- It will now start searching for wireless displayed connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Select your LG Smart TV from the list.
- A prompt will appear on your LG Smart TV. Select Yes to allow your PC to cast to the TV.
- And that is how you can cast your PC to the LG Smart TV wirelessly.
These are the three ways depending on the device you own to cast over to the LG smart TV. If this guide has helped you, let us know in the comments below. Also, if you have any kinds of queries or donuts, feel free to leave them as well.
More Related Posts: