The latest Samsung Galaxy Note series is the Note 10 series which consist of two models Note 10 and Note 10 Plus. Both the phones are amazing and clearly the best phones from Samsung till now. If we talk about performance then the Note 10 series falls under top 5 smartphones. You can further customize the phone to increase it’s performance and unleash the features which it is capable of but restricted. You can do this by rooting your phone. So here we are going to tell How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 & Note 10 Plus.
Samsung launches it’s flagship smartphones in two different chipset variant one with Snapdragon and another with Exynos which varies according to the regions. The Exynos Model is easily customizable whereas the Model with Snapdragon chipset is not. It means you can not unlock bootloader in case of Note 10 with Snapdragon processor unless you are buying the unlocked one. But the Note 10 with Exynos can be easily unlocked and also we can root it. So here you will know the method to root Galaxy Note 10 & Note 10+ with Exynos chipset. Before we tell you how to root Galaxy Note 10, first let us tell you the advantages and disadvantages of Root.
What is Root?
Rooting any phone gives access to the Root of the operating system on which phone is running. It means you will have the full control over all the system files and you can change it accordingly whenever you want. It opens a portal for system-level customization.
Advantages of Root
- Full control over the operating system of your phone
- All the apps that require root access will start working
- Easy tweaks to increase performance manually
- Uninstall unnecessary preinstalled apps (bloatware)
- Easy full backup and restore
- Blocks annoying ads from all the apps (requires Adblocker)
- Better battery life and system performance
Note: Many users think that installing custom ROMs or Recovery requires root access which is not true at all. You just have to unlock bootloader to install custom ROMs & Recoveries on your phone.
Disadvantages of Root
- Following the wrong method could brick your device
- Rooting will void the warranty of the phone
- Rooting the Samsung phone will trip the KNOX
- The device will not get any official OTA updates after rooting
- The warranty will be void
- All of the data on your phone will be lost
- It can brick your phone if you do not follow the exact steps
- We are not responsible for any problem that occurs on your phone
How to Unlock Bootloader of Samsung Note 10 / 10+ [Exynos]
- Open Settings on your Note 10 phone. Then go to About Phone > Software Information and tap 7 times on Build Number.
- The Developer Options is now enabled on your Note 10. To access it go back to main settings and there you will find the Developer Options.
- Open the Developer Options and enable the OEM Unlocking (If this option is not there than wait for about 7 days).
- Turn off your phone. Then press & hold Volume Up + Volume Down and while holding both the buttons connect the phone to PC. The device will now boot into Download Mode.
- In Download Mode long press Volume Up button to Unlock Bootloader. It will wipe all the data and automatically reboot your phone.
- After reboot set up your device (make sure the device is connected to the Internet during set up).
- Again enable Developer Options and check the OEM Unlocking is enable and it should be greyed out. Then only you can proceed to rooting section.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 & Note 10+
- Download the Stock Firmware for your device. After downloading extract the Firmware.
- Copy the AP_XXXXX.tar.md5 to your device.
- Install Magisk Manager App on your Note 10 phone.
- Open Magisk Manager and click on Install (top).
- Again click on Install > Select and Patch a File. Locate the recently copied AP file and wait for the patch process.
- The patched file will be stored in Download folder with name magisk_patched.tar. Copy the magisk_patched.tar file to your PC.
- Turn off your phone and boot into download mode (use the same step given in unlock bootloader). And then press Volume Up button to continue.
- Open Odin tool on your PC. Click on AP and select the magisk_patched file. For BL, CP, CSC select the respective file which is available in the extracted Firmware.
- Switch to the Options tab and uncheck ‘Auto Reboot’. Also, make sure the phone is connected to the PC while in Download Mode.
- Finally, click on Start and wait for the success message. After success message, disconnect your Phone from PC. Don’t reboot your phone yet.
- Press & hold Volume Down + Side key to exit Download Mode. As soon as the screen goes off immediately press Volume Up + Side key. Continue pressing Volume Up button until you see the Stock Recovery screen.
- In Recovery navigate to ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ using Volume buttons and then press the Power button to select it. After the complete wipe, select Reboot system now and immediately press Volume Up + Side key. Release both buttons when you see the Bootloader warning screen.
- The phone will now reboot and it can take time for the first time. After reboot open the Magisk Manager (if it’s not in the App list install it again).
- The Magisk Manager will ask you to complete a few more steps and then it will automatically reboot the phone.
- After reboot, your Galaxy Note will be successfully rooted.
Follow the below method to reboot your phone into the desired system. One mistake can break your device so follow the given shortcut.
- To boot into system with No Magisk – Normal Method to Reboot (Long press Power button)
- To boot into the Rooted system – Volume Up + Side Key and release both buttons on warning screen
- To boot into Recovery – Volume Up + Side Key and keep pressing Volume Up button until you see the recovery screen
So there you have it the complete guide to root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 & Note 10+ with unlock bootloader guide. If you get into some error while going through the steps make sure to comment below and we will reply with the fix.