LG has finally started rolling out stable Android Pie update for LG G7 ThinQ smartphone. It is late to receive Android Pie on a flagship smartphone. And even the update is not global right now, it will take some time to roll out the update in all the regions. We managed to get a KDZ file based on Android Pie, so if you want to update your device right now follow the guide. Here you will know how to download & update LG G7 ThinQ Android Pie update.
It took very long to receive Android Pie update to more users after the release of Android Pie in South Korea back in January. The update brings most of the Android Pie goodies along with some extra features & optimizations. It is an OTA update which is now rolling out in Europe region in batches and it should take a while to reach the update globally. The Android Pie update for LG G7 ThinQ has a version G710EM20b and the OTA size of the update is around 1.4 GB.
The new navigation gestures are included in this update which is better than using navigation buttons. Many users have found this feature very useful and you should also try it out. Navigation will work to switch between apps, swipe up to go back and more. Latest Android Pie update also brings the security patch level dated May 1, 2019. With this update battery performance also increased so you can expect to get more battery life. Check out the changelogs for the update.
LG G7 ThinQ Android Pie Update – Changelog
- Android Pie OS added
- Added navigation gesture for convenience
- Pressing Volume buttons brings settings for Media volume
- Added battery saving feature
- On taking a screenshot the preview is added to the corner for further actions
- Controls to set which App can run on background
- Added “Sunset to sunrise” setting in the easy-to-view mode
- SD card encryption no longer restricts the ability to lock the screen with a PIN or password only
- Added Magic Photo function to the camera
- Dual app functionality added you can now install one more SNS or Messenger app to use with different accounts
- The screen rotation button is provided in the home touch button area when the screen rotation is necessary
- Adaptive brightness which works according to users activity
Along with these added features, you will also recognize bug fixes while using the Android Pie update on LG G7 ThinQ.
Download LG G7 ThinQ Android Pie Update [KDZ file]
If you didn’t receive the update on your phone, but you are waiting for a long time and want to update right now, then you can download KDZ file. It is a full firmware containing the Android Pie update which can be flashed on LG G7 ThinQ with LG UP tool. The version of the latest update is G710EM20b. The update file or KDZ file is of around 3.2GB which you can download from the Google Drive link given below.
Important: If you are unable to download the file because “too many users have viewed or downloaded the file”. Then first add the file to your drive and then open google drive. Make a copy of that file and now you can download the copy file which is the same as the original file.
How to Install Android Pie update on LG G7 ThinQ
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Take a full backup of your phone’s data (if you want to update with the option to delete data)
- Install LG USB Drivers on your PC
- Download latest LG UP tool on your PC (version 1.14)
- Download LG UP common.dll (use the LG UP tool link)
Steps to Install LG G7 ThinQ Android Pie Update
- Extract the downloaded LG UP zip file on PC.
- In the extracted folder, you will see two files. First, install the LG_UP_DLL and then install LG_UP_Installer.
- Extract the LG_UP_Common zip file. Open the extracted folder and copy common folder to the location (C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model).
- Connect USB cable on the PC side. Turn off your phone completely then Press Volume Up button and connect the USB from phone side. When you see the download mode release the button.
- Open LG UP tool and it will detect your device.
- In LG UP tool make sure BIN File is marked.
- Choose Upgrade option and now you can locate and select the LG G7 ThinQ Android Pie KDZ file in BIN file.
- You can also choose the Refurbish option if you want a fresh install (it will delete all user data).
- After selecting the file and install mode, now click on Start.
- Wait for the installation process until its completion.
- After a successful install, you have the LG G7 ThinQ with Android Pie OS.
So this is the step by step guide to download LG G7 ThinQ Android Pie and update the phone. It is a file build for the Europe region, and I have tested it. Everything works only VoLTE doesn’t work in India or may also not work in other regions. Digital Wellbeing is working on every Android Pie phone, but it may not be included by default. So check out this guide to enable Digital Wellbeing.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 6.1 APK for LG G6, V20, V30, & V35 ThinQ
If you are unable to update your LG G7 ThinQ to Android Pie for any reason then you can comment below with error you are getting. We will reply with the solution to fix the error.