TVs have become an important part of our day-to-day life. From watching movies to using them as an external display we’ve used it all. In the early days of the flat-screen TVs, there was nothing smart about them. They didn’t have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or even the ability to install and stream the apps that you wanted to. But, just because it is a regular flat-screen TV, it doesn’t mean that it cannot be a smart TV. With the help of streaming sticks such as the Amazon Fire TV Stick, you can turn any old flat screen TV into a Smart TV right away! Read on to know how to connect Fire TV Stick to Normal TV.
The Amazon Fire TV Stick is a great device that can be plugged into any TV and stream content right away. You can connect to the internet, stream from various OTT services, and even make use of the voice assistant Alexa. It isn’t always necessary that you need to have a smart TV to make use of such services. So, if you have a normal flat-screen TV and want to make use of such services, this guide is for you.
- Any TV with HDMI input port
- Wi-Fi Network
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
How to Connect Amazon Fire TV Stick to Normal TV
First, check your TV and see if it has any kind of HDMI input port. The ports will either be at the sides of the back panel of the TV. If your TV has this, then you are good to go. Now, you need to get yourself an Amazon Fire TV Stick device. These are little devices that can be plugged into your TV and run on Amazon’s Fire OS.
You can get a Fire TV Stick from Amazon itself for as low as $29.99 and can go all the way up to $79.99. These device prices can vary depending on features such as having Wi-Fi 6, the ability to display in 4K, etc.
- Once you’ve got your Amazon Fire TV Stick, all you need to do is to plug it into the HDMI port of your TV.
- Make sure to connect the power cable to the Fire TV Stick and also connect it to the power outlet.
- With the device powered up and connected, switch on your TV and select the correct input source for your TV.
- Once you have switched over to the HDMI input you will see the Fire TV set-up screen.
- It will begin to look for your Fire TV Stick remote. Make sure to have it nearby and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Next, you will be asked to select the desired language.
- The next screen is where you’ll be setting up a Wi-Fi network. Enter the password for your Wi-Fi network here.
- After that, your Fire TV Stick will begin to check for available updates.
- Now you will be required to sign in with your Amazon account.
- Once all of that has been done it will ask to select the brand of TV you have to set up the remote to work with your TV.
- And finally, you’ll be taken to the Fire TV’s home screen to where you can browse through various streaming apps and stream content right away.
And this is how you can connect and use the Amazon Fire TV Stick on almost any normal TV that has an HDMI input port. The whole set-up process should take you about 5 to 10 minutes (if there are any updates to be downloaded).
You May Also Like – How to sideload Peacock TV on Fire TV
If you still have any queries on how to connect Fire TV Stick to a Normal TV, feel free to drop them in the comments below.
More Related Articles: