Smart Devices are known to help make life easy. Sure, they have got all the good features that are quite useful. However, there can be times when your Smart device might start malfunctioning. In this sense, it could be that the device no longer works properly as intended, or it could be a glitch causing some sort of problems. Sometimes, a software update could also be the reason. This is where performing a factory reset comes in super handy. Today’s guide is all about how to reset Fire TV devices.
Apart from a malfunctioning device, it could also be that you might be donating or selling away your Fire TV device to someone else, and you simply do not want any of your Amazon account information on the device. So, performing a reset on your Amazon Fire TV device is the most sensible option. Depending on the type of Amazon Fire TV device you have, the reset process will be different. You can read along to know how to format a particular type of Amazon Fire TV device with ease.
How to Reset Amazon Fire TV Smart TV
There is a wide range of Amazon Smart TVs powered by Fire TV OS. If you have an Amazon Fire TV Smart TV, then follow the steps below to perform a reset.
- First, you will need to power up your Amazon Fire TV Smart TV.
- Next, you need to unplug or disconnect any external devices connected to the TV.
- If there are any custom settings that you might need to click pictures of them on your smartphone.
- Now, take the Smart TVs remote and select the Settings icon on the home screen.
- The Settings option can either be in the middle or as a tab on the top right.
- With the Settings page open, select the My Fire TV option.
- Now, choose the Reset to Factory Defaults.
- It will display a message stating that all information and details will be lost.
- Select the Reset option.
- Alternatively, some other Amazon Fire TV Smart TVs have a different way to access the reset option.
- Navigate to and select the Settings icon on the home screen.
- With the Settings page opens, select the Devices and Software.
- You will now be able to pick the Reset to Factory Defaults option.
- Once you select it, the factory reset process will begin right away.
How to Reset Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Power up the Fire Stick and grab the remote for the device.
- Press and hold the back button along with the right navigation button.
- You need to press and hold the buttons for at least 10 seconds.
- A message should now pop up on your screen.
- It will ask if you wish to perform a factory reset.
- Select the reset option. Your Amazon Fire TV Stick will now begin the reset process.
- You can also choose to navigate to the Settings app and then select Devices and Software followed by choosing the Reset to Factory Default option.
So there you have it. simple and easy to follow methods to perform a factory reset on your Amazon Fire TV Stick and Fire TV Smart TV. Apart from performing a hard reset, you can also go ahead by performing a soft reset by simply unplugging the devices from their power source and re-connect them. This should perform a soft reset which will not delete any of your data. If you have any kind of doubts or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments below.