HDTVs have been around for quite a long time. You will find it in every household. Even if your HDTV isn’t smart enough, you can now use streaming players such as Amazon’s Firestick to do so. What does it bring? Well, it converts your regular HDTV into a Smarter one. You will have access to Wi-Fi, tons of apps, streaming services, and even listen to music right away. You can even control your TV with Amazon’s voice assistant Alexa. If you’ve just got a new Amazon Firestick or Fire TV Cube, read on to know how to program Firestick Remote to TV.
With the help of an Amazon Fire Stick setup, you have access to unlimited content as well as watch them in 4K resolution provided your TV has a 4K output. There are different versions of Firesticks available at different price points. And, if you have an Alexa smart speaker, you will be able to control your TV by using voice commands. So, if you are new to the world of Amazon’s Firestick setup, here is a guide that will help you program or pair your Firestick remote to your HDTV easily.
How to Pair Firestick Remote to TV
What does it mean by programming a Firestick remote to your TV? Well, it means to pair the remote to your TV, so that you can use a single remote itself to control your TV as well as your Firestick device. Apart from that, you can pair or program up to 7 Firestick remotes to a TV. Follow these steps to program or pair a Firestick remote to a TV.
- Firestick Remote
- Wi-Fi Network
- Android or iOS device
- Firestick Remote app
Use Cellphone as Firestick Remote
For pairing the Firestick Remote, you will be required to use the Firestick Remote app on your smartphone. So let’s first check how to use your Smartphone as Firestick Remote. This guide will work for both Android and iOS devices.
- Download the Firestick app. It is free to download on your Android or iOS device.
- Make sure the Firestick is on and make sure that the device and your cellphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the app. It should automatically detect your Firestick device right away. If not, simply tap on new devices and select it.
- Now, sign with the same Amazon account that you have used on your Firestick device.
- You will now see a four-digit PIN on your TV. Enter the PIN into the app.
- Once the app has been paired to the Firestick, you will now be able to use your cellphone as the remote.
- You will get all the buttons of the remote right away on your cell phone’s screen.
Steps to Pair New Firestick Remote
- First things first plug your Firestick into the TV via the HDMI port.
- Switch your TV on and change the input source to the Firestick one. You can change it by using the remote that comes with your TV.
- Check and ensure that your Firestick remote has batteries and that they are working perfectly.
- Before you begin to pair the remote to your TV, you can make use of the Firestick app on your Android and iOS as a remote for your Firestick.
- With your mobile being used as a remote for Firestick select the Settings option on the main Firestick home screen.
- From the side scroll menu, scroll towards the right and select Equipment Control.
- Now, select Manage Equipment followed by TV on the next screen.
- Next, you will want to select Change TV.
- Here is where the guided setup will begin. This will take between 5 to 10 minutes.
- The Firestick setup will now determine and try to identify as to what TV it is connected to.
- When it does detect your TV correctly, it will show you a popup message asking if it has detected the right TV.
- If it has, you can simply select Yes. or else select No.
- It will now display a list of TV brands and then ask you to select from the list what TV you have.
- Once you have selected the TV, the setup will then be complete and you should now be able to use the Firestick remote with your TV. It may also ask you to press power button or volume key to check the pairing, so perform operations as mentioned on your TV screen.
Program replacement or secondary Firestick remote
Now, there could be a time where you might have lost the Firestick remote that you might have programmed with your TV earlier. Since Firestick lets you program up to 7 remotes, the setup is simple and easy. Here is how you do it.
- Select the settings option from the Firestick home screen. You can use your mobile phone as a remote with the Firestick app installed.
- Select Controllers and Devices from the list of options.
- From here, select Amazon Fire TV Remote followed by Add New Remote.
- When Firestick begins to search for a new remote, press the Home button on the new Firestick remote.
- Keep the button pressed for about 10 seconds or so. This is done so that your Firestick remote is in its discovery mode.
- The TV should soon or later find your new Firestick remote. Select the remote by pressing the Select button either on your old remote from the mobile app itself.
- And this is how you can add a replacement remote or even add more remotes to your Firestick.
Unpair or Reprogram Firestick remote
- First of all, disconnect the Firestick from its power source.
- Wait for a few seconds and then reconnect the Firestick device to its power source.
- Once the Firestick powers up and brings you to its home screen and is connected to the internet.
- Now, take the Firestick remote that you wish to unpair and press the Home button.
- Keep it pressed until the orange light flashes and then release the button.
- But, if your remote does not have a light on it, just keep the Home button pressed for 10 to 20 seconds.
- As soon as you see a popup on your TV that says the remote has been disconnected, release the button.
- And this is how you can unpair or disconnect a Firestick remote.
Adding a new firestick remote to your TV is simple and easy. The whole setup should take between 5 to 7 minutes. With your remote programmed to your Tv, you can now make use of the voice commands by speaking with Amazon’s Alexa smart assistant. Have you programmed a new remote to your Firestick or just decided to use the mobile app itself to control your Firestick? Do let us know about it in the comments.