Smart TVs get better and better with each new software update. These updates bring in new features and also provide app compatibility, depending on the OS of your TV. As time flies, there could be a possibility of your Smart TV performing a bit slowly. This could also happen to the apps that you might have installed. For example, you could have an app that used to respond just fine but now launches slowly or has issues while navigating through the app. In this case, it could be issues with your storage filling with cache data. Here you can check how to clear cache on TCL Smart TV.
What is cache data? Well, it is data that is stored on your TV that is used by various apps to read data faster. With time, the cache data occupies a lot of storage space n your TV which results in the app not functioning properly and also your TV losing storage space. Cache files are created on PCs and mobile phones too. While it is easier to clear the cache files from your mobile phones and PCs, it can be a bit tricky to clear them off your TCL Smart TVs. This guide will direct you on how to clear the cache files from your TCL Smart TVs.
Before we begin the process, you need to know that TCL has Roku OS TVs as well as Android-Powered smart TVs. So depending on what kind of TCL Smart TV you have, follow the respective method.
How to clear cache on TCL Roku TV
The first way is to remove the particular Roku Channel from your TV that seems to be having the problem. The steps below will guide you on how to remove a Roku Channel.
- First, power up your TCL Roku TV and connect to a Wi-Fi network,
- Next, you need to press the Home button on your TCL Roku remote. You can use the mobile app as well.
- You need to navigate to the app that is causing issues.
- With the channel highlighted, simply press the Asterisk button on your remote.
- From the menu that pops up, select the remove channel option.
- The Channel will now be removed from your TCL Roku device.
- In this way, you can clear the cache of your TCL Roku TV.
- To add the channel back to your TCL Roku TV, simply follow this guide on how to add the channels.
The second method to clear the cache from your TCL Roku device is by forcing a restart of your Roku TV.
- Press the Home button on your Roku Remote 5 times.
- Now, press the Up button twice.
- Next, the Rewind button should be pressed twice.
- And finally, the fast Forward button should be pressed twice.
- These button combinations will now freeze your Roku TV, turn the screen black and then restart itself right away.
How to clear cache on TCL Smart TV (Android)
Even with Android Smart TVs, you can clear the cache of the app that is having some conflicting issues. Here is how you do it.
- Power up your Android Powered TCL Smart TV and grab the TV remote.
- Select your profile icon on the Google TV home screen.
- Now, choose the Settings menu.
- Select the Apps option and then click on See all Apps.
- You will be shown a list of all that are installed on your TCL Android Smart TV.
- Select the app that seems to be causing issues.
- Now, pick the Clear Cache option. This will clear the cache of the particular app.
- You can similarly clear the cache for any app that is installed on your TCL Android TV in this method.
This is how you can clear the cache of your apps on our TCL Roku and Android-powered smart TVs. Apart from this, you can simply force retreat your TVs, and it should sort of help clear some cache of your TV right away. If you have any problems or queries, feel free to drop them in the comments below.
More Related Articles: