TCL Smart TVs have been around for a while. The credit to its popularity goes towards two main factors the price and features. With a reasonable selling price and plentiful features, consumers wouldn’t mind purchasing a TV that fits them perfectly. Now, TCL TVs come with RokuOS as well as Android TV OS. The RokuOS TCL Smart TVs are popular because of the TVs OS itself. While Smart TVs are great, they do have a few problems that creep up at any time. The best way to get rid of such problems is to perform a factory reset. Read along to know how to factory reset TCL Roku TV.
RokuOS lets you stream and view almost any content including free to air channels. You can install apps from the Roku Channel Store, cast from devices to the TCL Smart TV. With Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections on the TV, you can always make the most and the best out of your RokuOS TV. With all the good things of any electronic gadget, there comes a few bad things. Sometimes your TV might run into a small issue or something might not be working right/ So what do you do apart from simply restarting your TV? Let’s take a look at how to reset a TCL Roku TV.
How to Reset TCL Roku TV
Factory resetting a TCL Roku TV or in fact, any device means that you will be formatting the device. The device will be set to the settings as it came out of the factory. And yes, you will lose all your data or settings and installed apps and accounts that you have on your TCL Roku TV. There are two ways that you can follow to perform a factory reset on your TCL Roku TV.
Reasons to Perform a Factory Reset
There are many reasons why you might want to factory reset your TCL Roku TV.
- A recent software update is making the TV slow and sluggish.
- Issues with audio and video output.
- Unable to sign in with Roku account.
- The Wi-Fi and Bluetooth won’t turn on or work.
- The TV screen keeps freezing or goes black.
How to reset TCL Roku TV with Remote
If you have been facing any of the above problems on your TCL Roku TV and have the original remote, you can follow these steps to perform a factory reset.
- First of all, power on your TCL Roku TV.
- Using the remote press the Home button on it.
- On the main screen scroll down and select Settings.
- Under Settings, you can press the right arrow button on your remote to select System.
- Next, press the right arrow button again to scroll and enter Advanced system settings.
- Again press the right arrow button on the remote to scroll till you find Factory Reset and select it.
- And finally, scroll and select the Factory reset everything option.
- The TV will now ask you to enter a code. The code will be displayed on your TV itself.
- Simply enter the 4-digit code and then select the OK option.
- The factory reset will now begin on the TCL Roku TV.
- This can take under 5 minutes or so to complete.
- Once it has been completed, you will be taken to the one-time setup screen to begin setting up your TCL Roku TV.
Factory Reset TCL Roku TV without remote
Now, if your TVs display has issues such as garbled text or even just shows a black screen for that matter or maybe you do not have the TV remote with you, you can still perform a factory reset on your TCL Roku TV.
- With the TV plugged into its power source, turn the TV On. If you don’t have a remote you can follow these methods.
- Now, grab ab safety pin, ball pen, or even your sim ejector tool.
- Look at where your TV connection panel is. Some TVs might have it at the sides or the back.
- You should be able to see a Reset button.
- Using the safety pin or sim tool, press the button and hold it for at least 12 seconds.
- Once the reset process has been completed the status indicator on your TV will dimply light up.
- Release the Reset button. The TV will now power itself off.
- You can now begin with the initial setup by powering it on and things should be working perfectly.
So, these are the two ways that you can use to perform a factory reset on your TCL Roku TV. If you have custom settings such as brightness, contrast, and other settings set to your value, it would be best to take a picture of it before you perform the factory reset. Also, once the reset has been completed, go ahead and see if the problems occurring again. If it doesn’t, then you are all good. If not, well, you might have to call in the TCL customer care service to help you fix it or maybe even replace it f the TV is under its warranty period.
You May Also Like – How to browse internet on TCL Smart TV
If you still have any query, then leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: