WhatsApp has finally released a feature that was only available to its beta users. Earlier this month, we got to look at how beta users of WhatsApp were able to send instant video messages to each other. Well, WhatsApp has finished testing out the feature and is now rolling the feature out globally to all its users. You can now send instant video messages on WhatsApp with ease. If you are looking for a way to share such instant video messages on WhatsApp, you have come to the right place.
Sending instant video messages is as easy as sending out voice messages on WhatsApp. The process is simple and very easy. However, you need to make sure that you are running the latest available version of WhatsApp on your Android or iOS device. If you do not see any update available, you might have to wait for a while as the update is rolling out globally to all users and it can take time to show up for you in your region.
Send Instant Video Messages on WhatsApp
Note: The feature is currently in a rollout phase and will be available to everyone in a matter of time. However, you can try installing the beta version of WhatsApp to quickly get access to new features. The feature is available for me on WhatsApp Beta (18.104.22.168).
- Launch the WhatsApp app on your Android or iOS device.
- Now, open up a conversation screen with the person to whom you want to send an instant video message.
- Now at the bottom where the text box is, on the right, you will see the voice note button.
- Simply tap the green voice note button to change the icon to a video button.
- To send an instant video message, tap and hold the video icon button.
- The camera will now launch and you can record your video instantly.
- Instant short video messages have a duration of 60 seconds. So you will have to be quick to get your video message across to the other person.
All the video messages can be replayed in the chat and by default, the audio for the video message will be set to mute. Also, all these video messages are secured with the end to end encryption meaning that no one can access your video message just like the chats and everything else on WhatsApp.
This concludes the guide on how you can now easily create and send instant short video messages on WhatsApp in real-time with your friends and families.
What do you think about this feature? Is this a feature that you would like to use or, do you see it as a feature that is simply not something you would ever use? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.