Meta has finally addressed the longstanding issue of low-quality media uploads on WhatsApp. The popular messaging app finally lets users send photos in high quality, marking a noteworthy improvement. Read on to know all the details about the new feature.
Meta has been diligently working on improving the user experience on WhatsApp. Recently, the company has added support to send instant video messages on WhatsApp as well as introduced our dedicated app for Wear OS smartwatches. Building on these advancements, Meta is back with another useful upgrade that lets users effortlessly send high-quality photos in the app.
WhatsApp has maintained its status as one of the most popular messaging platforms on smartphones for over a decade. Despite its popularity, an essential feature was missing – the ability to send high-quality photos. Thankfully, Meta has listened to user demands and added the much-awaited feature to the app.
Currently, in the process of rolling out, this feature will soon be accessible to all users. To take advantage of sending high-quality photos through WhatsApp, ensure your app is updated to the latest version. The feature is available across different platforms including iPhone, Mac, Android, and Windows PC.
How to Send High Quality Photos in WhatsApp
Meta has been testing this feature for a while now. In June, the company introduced a setting that allowed users to select the desired picture quality. Building on this, the company has introduced a more simplified way that lets users change the photo quality after uploading. Here’s how you can send high-resolution photos in WhatsApp.
Note: As of now, this feature is accessible to Android users using WhatsApp version 220.127.116.11, while iPhone users need to update to version 18.104.22.168. If your app is running on an older version, be sure to update to the latest one to access this new feature.
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Choose the contact to which you want to send a photo.
- Tap the Camera icon and take a photo.
- Tap the HD button located at the top of the screen.
- Now Choose the HD Quality option in the popup menu and tap Done.
- Tap the send icon.
- That’s it.
The recipient will see the small HD label at the bottom right corner of the photo. If you are on a low-bandwidth internet, then you may receive the standard quality photo. Yes, this has been officially confirmed by Meta. However, you will still have the option to select between the standard version or a high-resolution photo.
- 60+ Best WhatsApp Tips and Tricks for iPhone and Android 
- How to Send Instant Video Messages on WhatsApp
- WhatsApp for Wear OS Smartwatches is Now Officially Available
- How to Edit Messages on WhatsApp (Officially)
- How to use Same WhatsApp Account on multiple devices
- How to Enable Chat Lock on WhatsApp for More Secured Chats