EMUI 9.1 Beta is now available for most of the Huawei devices including Honor devices. The list of devices includes Huawei Mate 20/20 Pro/20RS/20X, P20/P20 Pro, Mate 10/10 Pro, P10/P10 Plus, Honor 10/10 Youth Edition, Honor 9/V9 and more. Here you will know how to Download & Install EMUI 9.1 Beta on Huawei Phones. So to get EMUI 9.1 on your phone first check the supported phones below and the guide to update.
EMUI 9.1 Features
The new EMUI 9.1 is running on Android 9 Pie with many changes including features and UI changes. EMUI 9.1 comes with some new stock wallpapers which give an amazing look with the UI. With EMUI 9.1 the read and write speed will increase up to 20% and you will get around extra 2GB free space. If you love gaming then EMUI 9.1 will be going to provide better gaming experience because of GPU Turbo 3.0 which will reduce the SoC consumption by 10% and optimizes system performance.
Huawei Vlog has some new useful features that are now you can easily edit and share the video. An interesting feature called AR measure is also available in EMUI 9.1 which help you to measure 2D & 3D objects including height, length, breadth, volume, etc. Users can even measure the height of a person by scanning from toe to foot using a camera.
If you have both a Smartphone and a laptop from Huawei then you can simply share anything using Huawei Share OnHOP without connecting the devices using cable. Another feature which makes EMUI better is the Phone Clone App which let users transfer Contacts, Photos, Videos and more from one Huawei device to another. Along with these EMUI 9.1 features, you will also get some Android Pie goodies like Adaptive brightness, Digital Wellbeing support and more.
Below is the list of Supported Huawei Phones for EMUI 9.1 Beta.
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 X
- Huawei Mate 20 RS Porche design
- Huawei P20
- Huawei P20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 10
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei Mate 10 Porche Design
- Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design
- Mate 9
- Mate 9 Pro
- Mate 9 Porsche design
- Huawei P10
- Huawei P10 Plus
- Nova 4
- Nova 4e/P30 Lite
- Nova 3
- Nova 3e/P20 Lite
- Nova 3i
- Nova 2s
- Maimang 7/Mate 20 Lite
- Huawei Enjoy 9 Plus
- Huawei Enjoy 8 Plus
- Huawei Enjoy MAX
- Huawei Enjoy 9S
- Huawei Enjoy 7S
- Huawei Enjoy 9e
- Huawei tablet M5 youth version (10.1 inches)/ MediaPad M5 (10.1)
- Huawei tablet M5 youth version (8.0 inches)/ MediaPad M5 (8.0)
- Huawei tablet M5 (10.8 inches)/ MediaPad M5 (10.8)
- Huawei tablet M5 (8.4 inches)/ MediaPad M5 (8.4)
- Huawei tablet M5 Pro (10.8 inches)/ MediaPad M5 Pro (10.8)
- Honor 10
- Honor 10 Youth Edition
- Honor V10
- Honor Note10
- Honor 9
- Honor V9
- Honor Play
- Honor Play 8A
- Honor 8X
- Honor 9 youth version
- Honor 8X Max
- Honor 20i
- Honor 9i
- Honor Play 7X
The list contains the phones which are confirmed to get EMUI 9.1 beta update until the date of publishing. Soon Huawei will also release the update for more of its phones.
How to Install EMUI 9.1 Beta on Huawei Devices
If your device is in the list then you probably going to get the EMUI 9.1 Beta update on your phone, you have to just follow the steps. But if your device is not in the list then you have to wait until Huawei announce the list of phones for the next phase beta testing. To enter into EMUI 9.1 beta program you have to first sign up for it and then you will get the update.
How to Join EMUI 9.1 Beta Program
- First Download & Install Huawei Beta Friendly User Test App on your Huawei device.
- Open Beta App on your phone.
- It will show Beta Terms & Conditions, Accept it.
- Now login with your Huawei ID, it requires only at first time. If you don’t have Huawei ID then create one using email & number.
- After login, go to the Personal section.
- Click on Join Project > Available Project.
- In Available project, you will see a right tick means you have successfully joined the EMUI 9.1 beta program.
Download & Install EMUI 9.1 Beta Program on Huawei Phones
- After sign up to Beta program, you can update your phone to EMUI 9.1.
- You will receive HOTA update automatically (It can take time).
- Click on the update notification.
- It will show the update information, download & install the EMUI 9.1 update.
- It will reboot the device and then you can experience EMUI 9.1 on your Huawei smartphone.
If you want to give feedback regarding the beta update then follow the next method.
How to Give Feedback or Report for Bugs
- Open the Beta App and go to the Report page.
- Select the Module in which you have a problem or suggestion.
- Enter detail about the problem/suggestion and submit it.
How to Quit Beta Program on Huawei Phones
- Open Beta App.
- Go to Personal > Join Project > Available Project.
- Select the joined project and Sign Out.
- After sign out, Huawei will remove the application and you will not receive any beta update afterward.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to get EMUI 9.1 Beta on Huawei Phones. If you have experience the EMUI 9.1 Beta then let us know how would you rate the experience out of 10. If you are unable to update your Huawei phone to EMUI 9.1 Beta then let us know in the comment section. We will reply with the solution.