Honor 8X is now getting EMUI 9.0 stable update based on Android Pie. So if you have Honor 8X and waiting for the update then this guide is for you. Here I will guide you to Download & Install Honor 8X Android Pie [EMUI 9.0] Update.
The Android Pie update for Honor 8X is rolling out in batches and so it may take some time to reach on your device. But if you want to update to Android Pie immediately then you can manually download the update and install on your phone. Some Honor devices like Honor 9 and Honor 10 has already got EMUI 9.0 update based on Android Pie. And now the time has come for Honor 8X. So update your Honor 8X to Android Pie and Enjoy.
The update size is around 3.14GB and contains many new features. The update brings EMUI 9 and Android Pie goodies like new simplified UI, Optimized speed and much more (see the changelog for more). Honor 8X Android Pie update comes with build number SP54C636E2R1P1.
Honor 8X Android Pie Update – Changelog
EMUI 9.0 is here. Built on Android Pie, this version preserves that essential Android flavour, with a twist of nature and simplicity. It is packed with technical wonders and streamlined processes. The improved and intuitive design will convenience your life, make work easy, safeguard your data, and help you understand your digital habits.
- Simply Natural
- Intuitive design – Simplified UI in EMUI 9.0, making it easier and more intuitive to use
- Nature’s sounds
- Your Mobile Office
- Recorder – Adds features such as edit and speed up to Recorder, and optimises the interface for consistency and ease of operation
- Backup, Storage, and sharing
- Huawei Share 3.0 – Improves file transfer speed between your phone, computer, and Mopria printer
- Streamlined efficiency
- Faster launch times – Improved launch speeds for the most popular apps on the market
- Functionality – Heavy processes now move lightning fast. It’s now much faster to pay, open large images, and share photos with WeChat
So these are the changelogs that you will see in the Honor 8X Android Pie update.
Note: If you did not receive Android Pie update till now then I will suggest to open Settings > System > System update and search for the update. And if it does not show any update then follow the method below.
Download & Install Honor 8X Android Pie EMUI 9.0 Update
The link for the Honor 8X Android Pie firmware is not available to Download. But you can download the firmware for your phone using Firmware Finder for Huawei App. Follow the below procedure to download right firmware for your phone. Thanks to miststudent2011 a recognized contributor on XDA for the process.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- The process requires a private WiFi connection
- Your phone must be running on MIUI 8.x
- It can also lock the bootloader if it is unlocked
- Choose your model correctly
Steps to Install Android Pie on Honor 8X
- Install and open Firmware Finder for Huawei App on your Honor 8X.
- If your device is not in EMUI 8.X then first upgrade to EMUI 8.x. Check Screenshots for the upcoming steps.
- Choose and select your Device (Honor 8X) in the App.
- Now tap on update 184.108.40.206 and it will show the update details.
- Tap on “Check Firmware Access” and check for IMEI approval. If the update is approved follow next method otherwise follow step 10.
- Tap on “Get an update via eRecovery” if the IMEI is approved.
- Tap on Next and copy the DNS address from the App.
- Change the DNS Address of your router and reboot the Router (use the same DNS address that you copied).
- Tap on Next >> “Check for Availability” to confirm the firmware availability.
- If the firmware is not approved tap on “Register Update” and then tap Next to register the IP for the update.
- Now completely turn off your phone.
- Press & Hold Vol Up button and while holding connect the charger to your phone.
- Select “Download the latest version and recovery” >> “Download & Recovery”.
- Now connect with the same WiFi that you used in this whole process.
- It will automatically download the selected update and reboot.
- Now your phone will be booted in EMUI 9.
That’s all you have to do to update Honor 8X to Android Pie EMUI 9.0. Now you can also experience Android Pie on your phone.
I hope you found the guide helpful. And if you have any problem on installing the update you can comment down below. We will reply as soon as possible.