Huawei starts rolling out the new EMUI 9.0 based on Android Pie update for Huawei P10 and P10 Plus. If you own the device, then you can update your phone to the latest Android Pie 9.0 update. The update brings the latest March 2019 security patch, a whole new EMUI 9 with some enhancements, and a lot of improvements which boosts the overall performance. And here is the step by step guide on how you can download and install Huawei P10/P10 Plus Android Pie.
After successfully rolling out the EMUI 9.0 update for the Honor 8X. The Android Pie update for Huawei P10 and P10 Plus has started rolling out by the company and will be available to every user within a few days. The update brings navigation gestures feature, digital wellbeing, AI, adaptive battery & brightness, and much more. You’ll receive the update via OTA (over-the-air).
The update is size around 3GB and contains many new features. The build number for Huawei P10 is VTR-L29C576E4R1P8B173 (18.104.22.168) and the P10 Plus is VKY-LGRP2-OVS (22.214.171.124). After the update, your phone is running on the EMUI 9.0 based Android Pie 9.0 with the latest March 2019 security patch. Let’s take a look, how to manually install Android Pie update on Huawei P10 and P10 Plus.
Download Huawei P10 and P10 Plus Android Pie Update
The update arrives via OTA (over-the-air), OTAs will take some time to reach on every single device. If you haven’t received the notification, you can manually flash your P10 or P10 Plus to update the phone to latest EMUI 9.0. Below, we attach the download link for the firmware and then the installation process.
- Download VTR-L29C576E4R1P8B173 for Huawei P10 (Firmware)
- Download VKY-LGRP2-OVS for Huawei P10 Plus (Firmware)
Note: For other Carriers of the P10 and P10 Plus (VTR-L29, VTR-L09, VTR-AL00, and VKY-AL00), you can find the firmware from the above link.
- Charge your phone’s battery to at least 60%.
- Backup your data, in case of failures you can recover it.
- Need an Empty SD card to flash the OTA zip.
- Make sure to check the build number, then accordingly download the update file.
How to Install Huawei P10 and P10 Plus Android Pie Stable Update
- At first, download the flash file from the above download section.
- Extract the file on your PC.
- Now copy the full folder along with Update.APP file and paste it in empty SD Card.
- Then put the SD Card on your device.
- Open the dialer app on your phone and dial *#*#2846579#*#* > ProjectMenu > Software Upgrade > SDCard Upgrade > OK.
- Choose the Update.APP file, which is available in your SD Card.
- It will start flashing the file.
Once completed, you can restart your phone and it will start running on the Android Pie 9.0. That’s it.
You May Also Like – How to Get Digital Wellbeing on any Android
If you’ve any query, drop your comments in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: