If you want to flash PAC/P5C firmware on Android or feature phones then you have to use the SPD Flash Tool. It is a useful tool that comes in handy in many cases. Here you can download SPD Flash Tool latest version with a guide to using the tool.
If you are new to flashing and looking for a simple and effective flash tool. Then the SPD Flash Tool is the best option. And if you want to know more about SPD Flash Tool, then check out the next section or directly go to the download section to download the SPD Flash Tool also known as the SPD Upgrade tool.
What is SPD Flash Tool?
SPD Flash Tool (SpreadTrum flash tool) or SPD Upgrade Tool is a small utility tool used for flashing PAC & P5C firmware on Android Phones as well as featured phones (Basic phones). It has a very simple interface that helps new users to use it without any problem. The tool supports a number of Android devices and featured phones. SPD tool is very similar to the SP Flash tool but it supports phones with SPD chipset instead of MTK chipset.
SPD Flash Tool Features
Simple User Interface: SPD Flash Tool/SPD Upgrade Tool has a very simple user interface for user convenience. It is easy to flash firmware using the tool because of the simple UI.
Lite Tool: It is a small size tool and consumes fewer resources for any machine to run. SPD flash tool is a portable application that you can directly use on your PC without installing it.
Flash PAC Firmware: The tool lets users flash PAC firmware on Android phones and Feature phones (basic phones). To flash PAC Firmware, connect the phone to the computer. Then load the PAC Firmware on the SPD tool and click on start.
Flash P5C Firmware: Just like PAC files SPD flash tool also allows users to flash P5C firmware on phones which support this firmware. Not many devices are available which uses P5C firmware.
Multi-Language Support: SPD Flash Tool supports numbers of language which comes within the tools. With this feature, users from all over the world can use this flash tool without any difficulties.
Download SPD Flash Tool
If you have a Spreadtrum smartphone or feature phone, then you can download SPD Flash Tool. Here are the links to download SPD Flash Tool/SPD Upgrade Tool all versions. I will prefer to download the latest version because it supports new devices.
- SPD Flash Tool R24.0.0003 (Latest Version) – Download
- SPD Flash Tool R23.19.4001 – Download
- SPD Flash Tool R23.0.0001 – Download
- SPD Flash Tool R22.0.0001 – Download
- SPD Flash Tool R21.0.0001 – Download
- SPD Flash Tool R20.0.0001 – Download
- SPD Flash Tool R19.18.1001 – Download
- SPD Flash Tool R19.0.0001 – Download
- SPD Flash Tool R17.17.1202 – Download
- SPD Flash Tool R17.0.0001 – Download
- SPD Flash Tool R4.0.0001 – Download
- SPD Flash Tool R3.0.0001 – Download
- SPD Flash Tool R2.9.9015 – Download
How to Use SPD Flash Tool
To flash PAC and P5C firmware through the SPD flash tool you need to first install Spreadtrum USB drivers on your pc. So also check the guide to install Spreadtrum USB drivers. The download link is available below along with the guide to flash Firmware.
Install SPD USB Drivers on PC
- Download Spreadtrum drivers file on PC.
- Extract the downloaded file using Winzip or WinRAR.
- Check which version of Windows you are using (64-bit or 32-bit).
- In PC open Device Manager either by searching from Cortana (for Windows 10 & Windows 8) or start (Windows 7).
- Now Click on Action and select “Add legacy hardware”.
- Then click Next and select “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list” and again click Next > Next.
- Go to Have Disk > Browse and locate the SciU2S.INF file (located inside x64 for 64-bit or x86 for 32-bit in an extracted folder) and click OK.
- To install the SPD driver click Next > Next and in pop-up select “Install this driver software anyway”.
- Wait for the installation process and then click on Finish.
Flash Firmware using SPD Flash Tool
- Take a full backup to avoid data loss in case of failure
- Download SPD Flash Tool latest version from the above download links
- Install drivers for your phone on computer
- Download PAC or P5C firmware that you want to flash
Steps to flash firmware using SPD Flash Tool:
- Copy the firmware file to PC and remember the location.
- Extract the SPD tool folder and open UpgradeDownload.exe.
- In the flash tool, click on Load Packet (settings icon) and locate the firmware either in PAC or P5C format.
- Turn off your Android phone or feature phone.
- In the tool, click on the Start button.
- Now connect your device to a PC with a USB cable. It will start flashing the firmware if drivers are installed or it will return an error. So, if it returns an error install the drivers and then try.
- Wait for the flashing process and when it shows a passed message click on the Stop button.
- Disconnect your phone and restart the phone and enjoy new firmware.
So, this is how you can use the SPD Flash Tool to install Firmware on Android phones and feature phones. This tool also helps if you have bricked your phone and it is not booting. Then download the firmware file (PAC or P5C) for your phone and follow the same process and given above.
So, there you have SPD Flash Tool download links and step by step guide to use the tool to flash the firmware on phones. If you have any problem with flashing firmware then you can use the comment section to let us know about your queries. We will reply with the solution as soon as possible.
More Flash Tools: