If you want to flash PAC/P5C firmware on Android or feature phones then you have to use the SPD Flash Tool. Here you can download SPD flash Tool latest version with a guide to using the tool.
If you are new to flashing and looking for a simple and effective flash tool then SPD Flash Tool is the best option. If you want to know more about SPD Flash Tool, then check out next section or directly go to the download section to download the SPD Flash Tool which also known as SPD Upgrade tool.
What is SPD Flash Tool?
SPD Flash Tool (SpreadTrum flash tool) or SPD Upgrade Tool is a tool used for flashing PAC & P5C firmware on Android Phones as well as featured phones (Basic phones). It has a very simple interface which helps new users to use it easily. The tool supports numbers of Android devices and featured phones. The tool is very similar to SP Flash tool but it supports phones with SPD chipset instead of MTK chipset.
SPD Flash Tool Features
Simple User Interface:
SPD Flash Tool/SPD Upgrade Tool has a very simple user interface for user convenience. It is easy to use the tool to flash firmware because of simple UI.
It is a small size tool and takes only a small amount of resource of any machine to run. Also, the tool does not need to be installed on the device to use it.
Flash PAC Firmware:
It let users to flash PAC firmware on Android phones and Featured phone (basic phones). To flash PAC Firmware connect the phone to computer, load the PAC Firmware on SPD tool and click on start.
Flash P5C Firmware:
Just like PAC file it also allows users to flash P5C firmware on phones which supports this firmware. Not many devices are available which uses P5C firmware.
SPD Flash Tool supports numbers of language which comes within the tools. With this feature, users from all over the world can use this flash tool without any difficulties.
Download SPD Flash Tool
Here are the links to download SPD Flash Tool/SPD Upgrade Tool all versions. I will prefer to download the latest version because it supports new devices.
Download SPD Flash Tool R21.0.0001 – Latest Version
How to Use SPD Flash Tool
To flash PAC and P5C firmware through SPD flash tool you need to first install Spreadtrum USB drivers on your pc. So first read the guide to install Spreadtrum USB drivers which is available below and then read the guide to flash firmware.
Install SPD USB Drivers on PC
- Download Spreadtrum drivers file on PC.
- Extract the downloaded file using Winzip or WinRAR.
- Check which version of Windows you are using (64-bit or 32-bit).
- In PC open Device Manager either by searching from cortana (for Windows 10 & Windows 8) or start (Windows 7).
- Now Click on Action and select “Add legacy hardware”.
- Then click Next and select “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list” and again click Next > Next.
- Go to Have Disk > Browse and locate the SciU2S.INF file (located inside x64 for 64-bit or x86 for 32-bit in extracted folder) and click OK.
- To install the SPD driver click Next > Next and in pop-up select “Install this driver software anyway”.
- Wait for the installation process and then click on Finish.
Flash Firmware using SPD Flash Tool
- Take a full backup to avoid data loss in case of failure
- Download SPD Flash Tool latest version from the above download links
- Install drivers for your phone on computer
- Download PAC or P5C firmware that you want to flash
Steps to flash firmware using SPD Flash Tool:
- Copy firmware file to PC and remember the location.
- Extract the SPD tool folder and open UpgradeDownload.exe.
- In the flash tool, click on Load Packet (icon like settings) and locate the firmware either in PAC or P5C format.
- Turn off your Android phone or feature phone.
- In the tool, click on the Start button.
- Now connect your device to PC with USB. It will start flashing the firmware if drivers are installed otherwise it will return an error. So if it returns error install the drivers and then try.
- Wait for the flashing process and when it show passed message click on the Stop button.
- Disconnect your phone and restart the phone and enjoy new firmware.
So this is how you can use the SPD Flash Tool to install firmware on Android Phones and feature phones. This tool also helps if you have bricked your phone and it is not booting. Then download the firmware file (PAC or P5C) for your phone and follow the same process and given above.
So there you have SPD Flash Tool download links and step by step guide to use the tool to flash firmware on phones. If you have any difficulties on flashing firmware then you can use the comment section to let us know about your queries. We will reply with the solution as soon as possible.
More Flash Tools: