Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+ and Galaxy Note 8 are the flagship phones of the year 2017 and still, the device performs better than many phones in the market. It has everything great in specs but the only missing is the stable Android 10 update. Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S10 series phones have already received the Android 10 update. So we can expect the Android 10 update for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy Note 8 very soon. But if you want to experience right away then you can install a custom ROM. And what could be better than LineageOS? Here you can Download LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung S8, S8+ and Note 8.
Lineage OS is one of the best custom ROMs and it is popular for its flawless performance while giving the stock experience. The ROM does give a feel of Stock Android but you will also find many customization options. It doesn’t let you even think of other custom ROMs in front of its performance. So if you like testing different ROMs or willing to then you should try the LineageOS 17.1 on your device.
Lineage OS is a big custom development project and the favorite of many users. And if i talk about myself then only I like the Pixel Experience and LineageOS ROMs. This doesn’t mean that other ROMs are not good, they are good but if you are looking for ROM which you are going to use for months then I will only suggest the two ROMs. It is a part of the Android Open Source Project and it is developed by many known custom developers.
Download Lineage OS 17 for Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+/Note 8
It can take time for the Android 10 update to release for Galaxy S8, S8+ and Note 8. But thanks to developers for the unofficial LineageOS 17. Yes, finally the latest version of LineageOS based on Android 10 is now available for Galaxy S8/S8+/Note 8. It is an unofficial version and soon the official version will be available soon. Even though it is the unofficial version there are no major bugs and even the minor bugs will get fixed in upcoming updates. Thanks to developers Stricted, Vaughnn for the amazing ROM. If you want to try it on your phone then you can download from the below-given link.
- LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+/Note 8 – Download
After downloading the correct ROM for your phone you can install it. But it’s not easy to install the ROM on your device if you have never installed a custom ROM. So below we have included the guide to flash custom ROMs like LineageOS 17 on Galaxy S8/S8+/Note 8. Start with following the requirements that you are going to need to flash ROM.
- Take a full backup as it is going to delete all the data
- Download the LineageOS ROM from the above link (make sure to download the latest one)
- Make sure TWRP recovery is installed on your Phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Android 10 GApps
How to Install LineageOS 17 on Galaxy S8/S8+/Note 8
Once you have all the required files you can begin the installation of LineageOS 17 on your Galaxy S8 and Note 8 series. If you have any other custom recovery other than TWRP, then also you can follow the same procedure.
- Copy the downloaded files to your phone storage and remember the location.
- Now turn off your device completely.
- Press & hold Volume Up + Power + Bixby button together.
- Release all the buttons when you see the Samsung Logo.
- Now your Galaxy S8 will boot into TWRP Recovery.
- In the TWRP Recovery go to Wipe > Factory Reset and it will delete all data for clean flash.
- Go to the Install option and locate the LineageOS 17 ROM from the folder where you copied the file.
- After flashing the latest build of LineageOS 17 go back to TWRP home. Then again go to Install and locate the GApps and flash it as same as LineageOS.
- After installing both files go to back to TWRP home. Then go to Reboot > System.
- The device will now reboot into the system running on LineageOS 17 based on Android 10.
Now you can experience Android 10 features on your Galaxy S8 series like new navigation gesture, enhanced security settings and much more. Not just the Android 10 features but also it packs with Lineage OS features. It contains some customization options but not much as it is a lite ROM and good for performance as well as battery life.
If want to know about other custom ROMs then let us know about it. We will try to mention other custom ROMs as well. Always go for the latest build so that there is less bugs or even none. If you get any error while installing the LineageOS 17 on the Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ and Galaxy Note 8 then let us know in the comment section.