The Galaxy M31 is one of the best selling phones of last year. Now the company brings a worthy successor to its predecessor in the form of the Galaxy M31s. The upgraded variant knocks up the market with the new Sony IMX 682 64-megapixel camera sensor along with a 12MP Ultra-Wide lens, 5MP macro camera, and depth sensor. It captures decent images. But, you can improve the overall camera quality by sideloading the Google Camera app (aka GCam Mod Port). Here you can Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy M31s.
Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy M31s (GCam 7.3)
Samsung’s newest M-series phone – Galaxy M31s flaunts a quad-camera setup on the back. Not only this, but Samsung also bundles the device with a new stock camera app. The default camera app is optimized for the 64MP Intelli-Cam with Single Take, My Filter, Smart Selfie Angle, Night Hyperlapse, and sport for Switch Camera while video recording. A slew of useful features, right? Yes, but still if you want to capture some mind-blowing HDR shots or RAW images, SlowMo shots, alongside the Video Recording sport. Then, make sure to try the GCam app.
The latest version of the Pixel 4 Camera app aka GCam 7.4, is not compatible with the Galaxy M31s. But the older GCam 7.2 and GCam 6.1 port is working fine on the Samsung Galaxy M31s. Talking about the features then, the app comes with the anticipated Astrophotography mode, Night Sight, SloMo, Portrait, Beauty Mode, HDR Enhanced, Lens Blur, PhotoSphere, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, Google Lens, and more. Here’s the step by step guide to install Google Camera app on Samsung Galaxy M31s.
Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy M31s
Samsung Galaxy M31s boots up with the One UI 2.0 based Android 10 out-of-the-box and the best thing is that It has Camera2 API enabled by default. Although, It has the limited sport of Camera2 API, due to which, there are only a few GCam ports are compatible with it. We found three different GCam ports that work fine on the Galaxy M31s – GCam 6.1 port by Arnova8G2, GCam 7.2 port by Urnyx05, and Google Camera Go. So, here’s the download link to the afore-listed ports.
- Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy M31s (GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.5.190418.1850.apk) [Recommeded]
- Download Google Camera 7.2 for Samsung Galaxy M31s (GCam_7.2.010_Urnyx05-v2.3.apk)
- Download GCam Go APK for Samsung Galaxy M31s (CameraGo.apk)
- How to Enable Astrophotography Mode on GCam
Note: The portrait mode along with other essential features are working fine, if you’re facing any error drop then comment in the comment box. We’ll also update the article when we found the Night Sight enabled version.
Before installing the app, make sure to check the below-listed settings that make the app smoother. Make sure to apply these settings for the best performance.
Recommended GCam Settings for Galaxy M31s:
- Go to Camera app settings > Mod Settings > Advanced > Fix > select ViewFinder Format > change it to YUV_420_888.
- Open the Camera app > Settings > Advanced under Video section > set Init SlowMo with – 120 FPS
- Open the app settings > Mod Settings > Advanced > Noise Reduction
- Activate Noise Reduction for Back Camera
- Activate Noise Reduction for Front Camera
- Go to Camera app settings > Mod Settings > Advanced > Saturation Settings
- Back Camera Highlight Saturation to 1.7 & Shadow Saturation to 2.3
- Front Camera Highlight Saturation to 1.1 & Shadow Saturation to 2.0
- First, Download this config file.
- Create a new folder named GCam in the root folder and then open GCam folder and make a Configs folder.
- Then, copy the config (configM31s.xml) file in /Internal Storage/GCam/Configs/ (folder).
- Open Google Camera and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown, available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
How to Install Google Camera on Samsung Galaxy M31s
- First, download the GCam Mod from the above link.
- Once downloaded, Install the Google Camera apk on your Galaxy M31s.
- Open the app & grant the needed permissions like Camera, Microphone, Storage, and Location.
- That’s it.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
All done. Start capturing blazing and great photos directly from your Samsung Galaxy M31s.
You May Also Like – Download Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Wallpapers
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: