Back in September 2020, Motorola announced the ninth-gen G-series phones, in the form of Moto G9, G9 Play, and G9 Plus. Motorola installed a quad camera setup on the Moto G9 Plus, instead of the triple-lens camera module on the G8 Plus. While, the Moto G9 bears a triple-lens camera module, with a standard 48MP primary camera. And the best thing is, you can sideload the Pixel 4 Camera app aka GCam Mod port on it to capture some amazing shots. Here you can Download Google Camera for Moto G9 and Moto G9 Plus.
Google Camera for Moto G9 Plus [Best GCam]
Motorola G9 Plus bears a 64MP main sensor, while the vanilla G9 has a 48MP primary lens. Both phones capture decent images with the default camera app, not only this, but the stock camera app also capture reasonable Night Mode shots. But if you want to capture some mind-blowing images, then must give a try to the GCam ports. As the Google Camera app is one of the best alternatives to the stock camera app on compatible Android phones.
Although, the latest version of GCam app from Pixel 5 is available to download but it is not as stable as the previous builds on the Moto G9 series. So, you can download the Google Camera mod from the Pixel 4 lineup. It supports Night Sight Mode, Astrophotography Mode, Lens Blur, Portrait Mode, PhotoSphere, Slow Motion, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, HDR+ mode, Panorama, Lens Blur, Portrait mode (with Focus Slider), Google Lens mode & few others. Here’s the step by step guide by which you can Download and Install Google Camera on Motorola G9 and G9 Plus.
Download Google Camera for Motorola G9 & G9 Plus
Both the Motorola G9 and G9 Plus has Camera2 API support by default, that allows you to sideload the GCam app easily on your smartphone. And we found two ports which are working fine on the G9 and G9 Plus. Below we attach two ports – GCam 7.3 and GCam 7.4, by Arnova8G2 and Parrot043, both works fine on Motorola G9 and Motorola G9 Plus. Here’s the download link.
- Download Google Camera for Motorola G9 & G9 Plus (GCam_5betaFinal.200510.2111build-7.3.020.apk) [Recommended]
- Download Google Camera for Motorola G9 & G9 Plus (MGC_7.4.104_Parrot043-v4.apk)
- How to Enable Astrophotography on GCam
- Download Google Camera 8.0 Mod Port [Latest APK]
Downloading the GCam is not enough, Yes, you need to configure the settings properly which lets the GCam works properly on Moto G9 and Moto G9 Plus.
For GCam 7.3:
Download Moto G9 Config – Here
Download Moto G9 Plus Config – Here
- At first, Download the config files from the afore-listed links.
- Then, head over to the file manager and create a new folder called, GCam.
- Open GCam folder and create one more folder with configs7 name.
- Now paste the config file inside the configs7 folder.
- Once done, Open the Google Camera app and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown, available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
For GCam 7.4, you can play with the settings accordingly.
How to Install Google Camera on Moto G9 & G9 Plus
- At first download the app from above-listed links.
- After downloaded, head over to the settings then enable the Unkown Sources.
- Now Install the Google Camera.
- Once done, open the app and allow the app permissions if any needed.
- That’s it.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
All done. Start capturing blazing and great photos directly from your Moto G9 and Moto G9 Plus.
You May Also Like – How to Root Moto G9 Plus [Guide]
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: