The Pixel camera app is known for its performance and it is one of the best camera apps in every aspect. And the best thing is that we can use the Google Camera mod on other devices as well. Most of the Redmi phones have already received the Android Pie 9.0 update alongside the Camera2 API sport. So, you can use the GCam on Redmi 6 (Pro), Redmi 7, and the recently launched Redmi 8. Here you can Download Google Camera 6.1 for Redmi 6, 7, & 8.
Not only the Google Camera 6.1, but you can also use the Pixel 4 Camera app aka Google Camera 7.0 apk on Redmi 7 & Redmi 8. And the anticipated Astrophotography mode works perfectly on the Redmi phones. The stock camera app on all the three smartphones capture decent shots, but the features like Night Sight, HDR Enhanced, and a few others are still missing. And the Google Camera app captures some mind-blowing shots in both daylight and low-light.
Now we put a limelight on the features of the Google Camera 6.1 apk. It brings features like Night Sight, PhotoSphere, Slow Motion, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, HDR+ mode, Panorama, Portrait mode (with Focus Slider), Google Lens mode & few more. The default camera app already uses artificial intelligence (AI), but the colors are not accurate in low light conditions. So, You’ll definitely love using the GCam on your Redmi devices. Here’s the step by step guide to manually download and install Google Camera on Redmi 6, 7, & 8.
Before Downloading the Gcam Mod 6.1, Check our Detailed Guide on Google Camera with its Features & Use
Download Google Camera for Redmi 6, 7, 8
The Redmi 6 and Redmi 7 have recently received the Android Pie 9.0 update, while the Redmi 8 already runs on the Pie. And one of the best parts is that It comes with the support of Camera2 API. There are many developers who have ported the GCam app for other smartphones. The Google Camera 6.1 port by fu24 mod port worts fine on the Redmi 6, 7, and 8. While the latest GCam 7.0 app port by Parrot works on Redmi 7 & 8. Here are the download links.
- Download GCam 6.1 Mod for Redmi 6 (Pro) (GCam_6.2.024_N7P_test1.2.apk)
- Download Google Camera 6.1 for 7 & 8 (MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_TlnNeun_4lens_V1.3.030119.0645-02d.apk)
- Download GCam 7.0 for Redmi 7 & 8 (PMGC_7.0.009_FinalBuild_V14.apk)
- Download Google Camera 7.2 apk [Latest]
- How to Enable Astrophotography featured on GCam
After downloading the GCam mod, make sure to apply the recommended settings on your smartphone. It will make the app better and smoother.
- Download Config Settings, which save the recommended settings.
- Once downloaded, you can extract it using ES file explorer on the root storage.
- Create a new folder named GCam in the root folder and then open GCam folder and make a Configs folder.
- Then, copy the config (Redmi7Setting.xml) file in /Internal Storage/GCam/Configs/ (folder).
- Open Google Camera and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown (with Redmi7Setting.xml), available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
How to Install Google Camera on Redmi 6, 7 & 8
- At first, download the GCam Mod from the above link.
- Once downloaded, Install the Google Camera apk on your Redmi 8, Redmi 7, & Redmi 6 (Pro).
- Open the app & grant the needed permissions like Camera, Microphone, Storage, and Location.
- That’s it.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
So, start capturing the realistic & amazing pictures with your Redmi 6, 7, & 8.
You May Also Like – Best MIUI Themes for Xiaomi Phones
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: