Oppo has just announced the ColorOS 11 its newest Android skin. Instead of ColorOS 8.0, Oppo bumped up the naming to ColorOS 11. Obviously, the newer custom skin – ColorOS 11 is based on the recently launched Android 11. Here’s everything you need to know about the ColorOS 11, including the Eligible devices list, Features, along with the roll-out timeline.
Here you can check all about details of the upcoming ColorOS 11 including its features, roll-out timeline, and list of eligible devices.
ColorOS 11 Roll-out Timeline
Oppo is all set to bring its newest custom skin ColorOS 11 to the twenty-eight Oppo smartphones. Yup, the list is big, which brings Android 11 on your Oppo device alongside the ColorOS 11 update.
Here’s the complete ColorOS 11 update roll-out timeline (aka ColorOS 11 roadmap aka ColorOS 11 release date).
First-batch starting from 14th September
- Oppo Find X2
- Oppo Find X2 Pro
- Oppo Find X2 Pro Automobili Lamborghini Edition
Second-batch starting from 30th September
- Oppo Reno3 (4G)
- Oppo Reno3 Pro (4G)
- Oppo F17 Pro
Third-batch starting from October
- Oppo Reno4 Pro (5G)
Fourth-batch starting from November
- Oppo Reno4 (5G)
- Oppo Reno4 Pro (4G)
Fifth-batch starting from December
- Oppo Reno4 (4G)
- Oppo F11
- Oppo F11 Pro
- Oppo F11 Pro Marvel’s Avengers Limited Edition
- Oppo A9
- Oppo A92
- Oppo A72
- Oppo A52
Sixth-batch starting from Q1 2021
- Oppo Reno 10x Zoom
- Oppo Reno2
- Oppo Reno2 F
- Oppo Reno2 Z
- Oppo Reno3 Pro (5G)
- Oppo A91
- Oppo F15
Seventh-batch starting from Q2 2021
- Oppo Reno
- Oppo Reno Z
- Oppo A5 2020
- Oppo A9 2020
ColorOS 11 Release Date: September 14 2020
Note: The list of afore-listed devices are updated as of September 9, will add more devices in the coming days.
ColorOS 11 Features
Every iteration of Oppo’s custom skin – ColorOS bring a chunk of changes to the user interface, and the new ColorOS 11 is no exception. Here’s the complete list.
Oppo brings a new feature that allows you to create your own wallpaper. Now let’s take a look at some other features.
Although, Oppo brings a slew of customization options with the ColorOS 11. But the Customizable Always-On Display (AOD), is one of the most anticipated ones. Yes, the new AOD feature lets you design your own pattern and design by moving your finger gently. Not only this but the vanilla text AOD also gets a slew of new gradient patterns and other options.
New Customizations to Launcher
Oppo has revamped the home screen layout customization options. Now you can pinch the display with your two fingers to customize the home screen. The newer option also allows you to change the grid size and apply a third-party icon pack. Not only this, but Oppo also separates the wallpaper section into the three separate sections – Static wallpapers, Live wallpapers, and Art+ Wallpapers.
Dark Mode is one of the most anticipated features of Android 10. This feature is already available on the Oppo smartphones, thanks to the last year’s ColorOS 7 skin. Now, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer bring three different color options in the Dark Mode – Pitch Dark (aka Enhanced), Blue Dark (aka Medium), and Grey Dark (aka Gentle).
New Screenshot Pop-up
Every screenshot that you captured on your device will head over to the notification center, but this is not the thing in the Android 11. Google brings a new screenshot pop-up in Android 11, which shows a screenshot preview pop-up at the bottom left corner of the screen along with share and edit options. And there is a guesstimate that Oppo also brings something similar to this in ColorOS 11.
As the name suggests, it allows you to check the notifications that you accidentally dismissed from the notification panel. This feature made its debut with the Android 11 and also coming to the Oppo smartphones with the ColorOS 11.
Improved App Permissions
This feature is already live on the Oppo Find X2 Pro running on ColorOS 7.2 based Android 11 beta, It simply means that the newer version of ColorOS also bring it to the other phones as well. This feature basically allows you to give access to the app’s permission for just one time, aside from always.
Other than that, ColorOS 11 has a Second Level lock screen (for security), builtin screen recorder, App pinning feature for share menu, conversation bubbles, along with a slew of changes to the notification panel. And the best thing, Oppo also bundle its next ColorOS Android skin with a bunch of aesthetic stock wallpapers, will share it on our website and app (PhoneWalls) once available to us.
So, these are the features available in the ColorOS 11 custom skin.
These are some notable changes that Oppo will bring to its devices with the new ColorOS custom skin.
Now let’s take a look at the ColorOS 11 Changelog.
ColorOS11 based on Android 11: Changelog
- Personalize the user interface to make it your own
- Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
- Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode; and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
- Dark mode can be scheduled based on sunrise and sunset times.
- Added, “Quick launch”: Touch and hold the fingerprint sensor to quickly launch a function or app.
- Optimized the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customized.
- Added Al App Preloading: The system predicts which apps you will use next and preloads them for faster launch speeds
- You can now determine a time period when Do Not Disturb is on.
- Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
- Emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
- Optimized “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy
- Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
- You can change the Game Assistant call-up method.
- You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
- Photos can be saved in HEIF format to reduce the file size.
- Optimized the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
- Added shortcuts to instantly share and edit photos or videos you just took.
- Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
- Added the lens stain detection feature.
- Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
- Added the 2-finger swipe up gesture to quickly call up accessibility functions.
- Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 7.4 Mod Port APK [Latest]
If you have any query, you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: