Realme has finally announced the second-generation of its Realme UI skin, in the form of Realme UI 2.0. Realme UI 2 is based on Android 11 OS. The new skin brings a slew of UI changes to the Realme smartphones along with privacy features and much more.
Here you can check all about details of the Realme UI 2.0 including its features, release date, and list of eligible devices or supported devices.
Realme’s sister brand already revealed its newest custom skin, dubbed as ColorOS 8.0. Now, Realme has unveiled the roadmap of Realme UI 2.0.
Realme UI 2.0 Roll-out Timeline
Realme UI 1.0 was debuted back in January 2020 for a slew of budget and mid-range smartphones. Talking about the second generation of Realme’s custom skin – Realme UI 2. Then, Realme X50 Pro is the first device to taste the features of Android 11 based Realme UI 2.0. The early access programme for Realme X50 Pro will be available from 24th September.
Here’s the complete Realme UI 2.0 update roll-out timeline (aka Realme UI 2.0 roadmap aka Realme UI 2 release date).
Realme (Number) Series
Realme C Series
Realme Narzo Series
- Realme Narzo 10A
- Realme Narzo 10
- Realme Narzo 20A
- Realme Narzo 20
- Realme Narzo 20 Pro
Realme X Series
Realme V Series
- Realme V3 5G
- Realme V5 5G
Note: The list of afore-listed devices are updated as of September 21, will add more devices in the coming days.
Realme UI 2.0 Features
Realme UI 2.0 is a huge update for Realme smartphones, as Realme UI made its debut in early 2020. The company will bring a slew of new features to the Realme smartphones alongside a bunch of system improvements. Not only this, but the company will also bring ART+ wallpapers to Realme smartphones.
Here’s the complete list of Realme UI 2 Features. Let’s start the list with the visual changes first.
New UI for Notification Panel
Realme UI 2.0 has a new Notification Panel. A glimpse of the new Notification Panel is already available to Realme X50 Pro users running on Android 11 Beta 1. In terms of changes, then the quick panel gets a separation, the upper part shows the time with the transparent background. While the bottom half is still the same as it was in the Realme UI 1.0.
Always-On Display (AOD) with 5 Themes & Patterns
Always-On display in Realme UI 1.0 has only a few Watch Faces. But this is not a thing in the upcoming Realme UI 2.0. Yes, the company is all set to bring a slew of new Digital and Analogue Watch Faces to AOD along with Text and Images support. You can also customize the text accordingly in AOD on Realme UI 2.
Home Screen Settings UI Changes
Realme brings changes to the home screen settings. Yes, the company has revamped the home screen settings layout, by introducing a new intuitive UI. Now user can change the wallpaper, icon, and home screen layout directly by long pressing on to the home screen. Not only this, but the widget section also gets a new UI. Other than that, the Realme UI 2 has a Lock Screen Mantra feature, It allows you to put custom text on lock screen.
Super Power Saving Mode
Every smartphone OEM is working painstakingly to improve the overall UX experience by enhancing the performance of its devices. And the power saving is one of the best things that allow smartphone manufacturers to optimize its OS. Now, Realme brings Super Power Saving Mode mode for its smartphones, It allows you to access only a few apps at a time. Not only this, but It has also a black background dedicated screen with access to only 5 apps to save the battery.
Improvements for Long-Screenshot
Realme will introduce a builtin long-screenshot capture option in its upcoming Android skin. The feature allows you to capture long-screenshot at one tap. Yes, once you hit the long-screenshot button, It will automatically capture a long-screenshot for the page on which you’re available at the time. Talking about the normal screenshot, then It also gets a new screenshot popup from Android 11.
Dark Mode is one of the most anticipated features of Android 10. This feature is already available on the Realme smartphones, thanks to the Realme UI 1.0. Now, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer bring three different color options in the Dark Mode – Pitch Dark (aka Enhanced), Blue Dark (aka Medium), and Grey Dark (aka Gentle).
More Google Apps
Realme UI 2.0 is all set to bring more Google Apps to the Realme phones. Yes, recently the company has started pushing Google’s Dialer and Messages app. Now the news comes out the upcoming Realme UI 2 will bundle with more Google Apps, the list includes Google’s One App, Contacts, and a few other apps.
Nearby Share Support
Remember Nearby Share feature launched recently by Google to take on Apple’s Airdrop. Google has recently pushed the Nearby Share to Samsung phones and It is coming to other devices as well. Luckily, It is available in the Realme UI 2.0 for Realme smartphones. This feature allows you to share files between devices easily, just like Airdrop.
The list of afore-listed Realme UI 2.0 Features are available on the number of Realme smartphones in the coming months.
Other than that, Realme brings new GameSpace with a bunch of new features and optimizations. Realme UI 2 also comes with enhanced One-Handed mode, Enhanced Dark Mode, Improved App Permissions, double-click on back gesture (it allows you to capture a screenshot by tapping twice on the back of your device), and some other features. Now let’s take a look at the Realme UI 2.0 Changelog.
Realme UI 2.0 Changelog
- Personalize the user interface to make it your own Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
- Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium, and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode, and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
- Optimized the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customized.
- Added “Optimized night charging”: An Al algorithm is used to control charging speed at night to extend battery life.
- You can now determine a time period when Do Not Disturb is on.
- Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
- Optimized “Auto brightness”
- You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
- Added filters for “Drawer mode”. You can now filter apps by letters, install time, or usage frequency to quickly find an app.
Security and Privacy
- Added System cloner”: You can create a system clone from your main system and use different fingerprints to enter different systems.
- You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings
- Optimized “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
- Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
- Added the Buffed Match Stats feature which generates game statistics for your matches (only certain games are supported)
- You can change the way to summon Game Assistant
- You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
- Added the Cloud Sync for Private Safe feature which allows you to sync the photos in your Private Safe to the cloud
- Optimized the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
- Added shortcuts to instantly share and edit photos or videos you just took.
- Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
- Added the lens stain detection feature.
- Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
These are some notable changes that Realme will bring to its devices with the new Realme custom skin. We’ll update the article in the future and add new information once available to us.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 7.4 Mod Port APK [Latest]
If you have any query, you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: