Last month, Asus kicked off the Android 10 closed beta program for the ROG Phone 2 (ZS660KL). However, there are a few qualifications to get the taste of Android 10 closed beta update. But now it is available to download for anyone. After successfully released the Android 10 for Asus ZenFone 6 & ZenFone 5Z, the company pushes it to its gaming flagship. It is the same bloat-free ZenUI 6.0 which comes in ZenFone 6. If you’re interested to experience the features of Android 10. Then, Here you can Download Android 10 Beta Update for Asus ROG Phone 2.
ZenUI 6.0 is one of the best custom skin that we’ve ever used in any Asus smartphone, it is very close to stock Android. After testing the closed beta update on ROG Phone 2, Asus has released the firmware, now users can manually update their smartphone to Android 10. This update bumps up with December 2019 security patch. As this is a beta update, it has some bugs that you should apprise of – inability to answer calls properly in gaming mode, inability to open icon manager without crashing SystemUI.
Before updating, make sure to take a backup of your data. Talking about the features, then It has all the basic features of Android 10 alongside with ZenUI 6.0 features. The firmware comes with a version number 16.0631.1912.22-1.1.227 and weighs around 1.1GB in size. Here you can take a look at the complete changelog.
Asus ROG Phone 2 Android 10 Beta Update – Changelog
- Added grid display for game selection in the Games Library of Armoury Crate.
- Added game cover customization in the Games Library of Armoury Crate.
- Added AirTriggers slide gesture in Game Genie (Beta).
- Fixed the issue where navigation bar couldn’t be hidden when playing “Black Desert.”
- Fixed the issue where Game Genie panel was pulled out easily when Key Mapping was used.
Download Android 10 Beta for Asus ROG Phone 2 [Firmware]
This is a FOTA update, which can be sideloaded easily on your ROG Phone 2 (ZS660KL). The update bumps up with December 2019 security patch and some improvements. If you’re in a hurry and want to taste the features of Android 10. Then you can download the firmware from the below-listed link and then follow the steps to update your smartphone. Here’s the download link.
- Download Asus ROG Phone 2 Android 10 Beta Update [Firmware]
- Before updating, Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to Update Asus ROG Phone 2 to Android 10
- First, download the update package if not downloaded.
- Copy the FOTA file to the root directory of phone storage (outside of every folder).
- Once done, turn off your smartphone.
- After reboot, your phone will automatically detect the update file.
- Click on the notification and then select update now.
- It will now extract the package and update your smartphone. You have to just wait for the process.
- After the update, the phone will reboot and then enjoy the taste of Android 10 on your ROG Phone 2.
Now you can start using your device on the Android 10. You can also use the anticipated Dark Mode feature on the Asus ROG Phone 2.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for ROG Phone 2
If you’ve any other doubts, then leave the comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends across the social media.
More Related Articles: