Asus starts rolling out a stable Android 10 update for ZenFone 5Z. Many users have confirmed that they already got the update. The successor of Zenfone 5z which is Zenfone 6z has already got the Android 10 update. And now Asus is pushing the Android 10 update on ZenFone 5z devices. It is a ZenUI 6 update based on Android 10. Here you get to Download Asus ZenFone 5Z Android 10 update file to manually update the phone.
The OTA update is rolling out to Zenfone 5z users and it brings Android 10 features as well as ZenUI 6 features. Asus custom UI ZenUI is not the best but provides a fluid experience. And ZenUI 6 comes with some changes which you get to know in the Changelog. It is an Android 10 based update with version v100.04.44.98. ZenFone 5z Android 10 OTA update is around 1GB but if you want to download full Firmware then it is around 1.7GB.
The Android 10 update is rolling out in batches and if you didn’t receive the update then you have the option to manually update to Android 10 or wait for the OTA update. We will provide the update file so that you can also experience Android 10 on your ZenFone 5Z immediately. You can read the changelog of the Android 10 based ZenUI update below.
ZenFone 5Z Android 10 Update – Changelog
- Upgraded system to Android 10
- Support Google Play system update
- Removed Page Marker, ZeniMoki, Selfie Master, Beauty Live, Kids Mode, Easy Mode, weather animation setting, AI charging, WebStorage, Go2 Pay, Report Location in Safeguard, and Yandex cloud option in File Manager
- Removed the support of Twin app for “Arena of Valor, PUBG, Vainglory, and Injustice 2”
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 10. If you want to downgrade your device’s software version to Android 9 by official software package, it will erase all data from your device’s internal storage.
- Upgraded APN settings
- Add the APN setting of Canada Public Mobile
- Modify ASUS APN Setting
- Moved Themes and Mobile Manager to Advanced Settings
- Some 3rd part apps aren’t compatible with Android 10 yet
Download ZenFone 5Z Android 10 Update File [FOTA Zip]
In case if you did not get the Android 10 on ZenFone 5Z but you want to experience the Android 10 without waiting. Then you can easily install the Android 10 update by using the given files. There are two files, the first one is the OTA file and the second is the full firmware in case you want a clean install.
After downloading the file of your choice you need to install it on your ZenFone 5Z to get Android 10. Installing the FOTA file is easier because it doesn’t require any tool, but for full firmware, you need a specific tool to flash the firmware. So I recommend using the FOTA file to get the latest Android 10 on ZenFone 5Z. But first, go through the requirements.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Download the ZenFone 5Z Android 10 FOTA file
- Charge your phone to at least 50% to update without interruption
- The phone must be running on version 188.8.131.52
How to Update ZenFone 5Z to Android 10
Step 1) First change the name of download FOTA file from update.zip to UL-Z01R-WW-100.04.44.98-user.zip.
Step 2) Copy the FOTA file to the root directory of phone storage (outside of every folder).
Step 3) After copying the file to the root directory turn off your phone.
Step 4) Now reboot your device. And you will get a notification for the Android 10 update.
Step 5) Click on the update notification, it will lead you to the Software Update screen.
Step 6) Update your ZenFone 5Z to Android 10 and enjoy the latest features.
That’s all now your ZenFone 5Z is running on Android 10. You can also install the full firmware if you are using a custom ROM. Although the safe method to install Android 10 is using the FOTA file. Enjoy the ZenFone 5Z Android 10 update.
- How to Install Asus ZenFone 5Q & 5 Lite Android Pie Update [Download]
- Download TWRP Recovery for Asus Zenfone 6 (2019) [ZS630KL]
- How to Install Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 Android Pie Update (Stable)