The flagship smartphone Asus Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL) was recently launched by Asus with a flip camera design. And about a few days ago Asus started sending phones to developers from TWRP, LineageOS and more. Hence there are going to be early development. The development has already started and even the unofficial TWRP for Zenfone 6 is live. Here you will know how to install TWRP on Asus Zenfone 6 (2019).
TWRP is a custom recovery which is full of features where we can install any zip files, create partitions and also fix errors. So if you are on your way to test various custom ROMs then you must install TWRP Recovery. It let you easily install custom ROM zip files. As of now, the official TWRP recovery is not available, but do not worry the unofficial build is working great without bugs. All thanks to mauronofrio (Senior member at XDA and developer) for the TWRP Recovery for Zenfone 6 ZS630KL.
Asus fully supports developers and tester and that’s why there is an official Unlock Tool which arrives on the Internet before the phone. Unlike other phones, you don’t need to wait for unlocking bootloader of any Asus phones. So let’s check out the method on how to install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 6 (2019) with Unlock bootloader guide.
How to Install TWRP on Asus Zenfone 6 (2019) [ZS630KL]
If you have installed TWRP Recovery in recent years on any Android phone, then this process is going to be easy for you. And if you haven’t then follow the step by step process. Also, make sure that you are modifying your device at your own risk and we are not responsible for anything. A little mistake while installing TWRP can lead to bootloop. So make sure to follow the exact procedure given in this guide.
TWRP Recovery has a lot of advantage that we can use to customize any Android device. In compared to the Stock Recovery, TWRP is more powerful and easier. The Recovery also gets update time to time which you can manually install on your phone. Once you will use this recovery you will want this on all of your phones. So let’s check how you can get TWRP on your Zenfone 6 ZS630KL.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Asus Zenfone 6 (2019)
Note: Unlocking bootloader will erase all the data on your phone. So take a full backup before you begin the process.
After unlocking the tool you are eligible for modifications like installing TWRP and rooting.
- Take a full backup of your phone’s data
- Charge the phone to at least 50%
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
- Download required files
- TWRP 3.3.1-1 for Zenfone 6 by mauronofrio (Credit)
- TWRP 3.3.1-1 installer for Zenfone 6 by mauronofrio
- Platform Tools
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Zenfone 6 (2019)
- Copy the TWRP Installer zip file on phone storage.
- Go to Settings > Developer options and check OEM Unlocking is On.
- Then turn off your phone.
- Long press Volume Up + Power button together till you see Fastboot Mode.
- Connect your Zenfone 6 to PC using USB cable while in Fastboot mode.
- Extract the downloaded Platform Tools on your PC.
- Copy the downloaded TWRP image (test-twrp-3.3.1-1-I01WD-zenfone6.img) file in the Platform Tools folder. And rename the image file to twrp.img.
- In Platform tools folder press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open Command window here”.
- In Command/PowerShell window enter the below command to boot into TWRP Recovery
fastboot boot twrp.img
- The phone will now boot in TWRP Recovery. Then go to Advanced option in TWRP Recovery.
- It will list various option, there you have to click on “Install Recovery Ramdisk”.
- Locate the TWRP installer zip file and flash it.
- This will now install the permanent TWRP Recovery on your phone. But you can not access internal storage, so follow further instructions.
- In TWRP Recovery go to Reboot > Recovery. Then go to Wipe and format the data.
- Done! Now you can boot the phone into the System.
The TWRP Recovery is successfully installed on Asus Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL). Now you can easily do a lot of amazing modification on your phone with the help of TWRP Recovery. The modification including Magisk, custom ROMs, custom Kernels, Viper4Android, Dolby Atmos, Boot animations and more.
Also Check: Download Asus ZenFone 6 (2019) Stock Wallpapers
If you get any error while installing the Custom Recovery, then let us know about the error using the comment section or social media. We will reply with the solution to fix the error. And If you have successfully installed it on your phone then Enjoy.