The Android Pie update is now rolling out on Asus Zenfone 5Q/5 Selfie Pro/5 Lite. Asus has already rolled Android Pie update to many of its phones and now it’s time for ZenFone 5 series. Here you can Download & Install Asus ZenFone 5 Lite Android Pie update.
It’s a bit late for last year’s flagship phone to get Android Pie update but now it’s rolling out. So if you are waiting for Android 9 Pie update for your Asus Zenfone 5 Lite then you don’t need to wait any longer even you didn’t receive the OTA update. Here you will know how to manually install Android Pie on Asus Zenfone 5Q/5 Lite/5 Selfie Pro.
The changelog is not mentioned in the update and it only shows ‘Android P OS upgrade’. You can expect most of the Android Pie features with this update. The build number version of the update is WW-16.0610.1905.79. The update is rolling out in batches and it can take some time to reach to all the phones. So if you want to instantly update your phone follow this guide.
Download Asus Zenfone 5 Lite Android Pie Update [Firmware]
To manually install Android Pie update on Zenfone 5 Lite phones you need to download full OTA package. This file will ensure that it does not affect the data on your phone. The size of the latest stable Android Pie update is around 2GB. This is an official update file from the Asus website. The firmware SKU of the below file is WW and so it will only work with the phone running on WW, you can check it in the About Phone section.
How to Install Asus Zenfone 5 Lite Android Pie Update
Once you have the Android Pie update zip file now you can manually update your phone. You need to follow the below instructions and you will be able to install the update on your phone. Before you follow the steps make sure to first manually check for the update from the system update.
Note: The below method will not delete data from your phone but a full backup is recommended in case if anything goes wrong.
- First, download the update package if not downloaded.
- Extract the package, if the extracted folder has more than two files in it then you need the downloaded zip. And if there is only a zip file inside the extracted folder then you need the zip found after extraction.
- Copy the package to the Phone’s root storage (just inside internal storage, outside of all folder).
- Now the phone will automatically detect the update file.
- Click on the notification and then select update now.
- It will now extract the package and update the Zenfone 5 Lite to Android Pie. You have to just wait for the process.
- After the update, the phone will reboot and then enjoy Android Pie on your Zenfone 5 Lite.
So this is the official method to update any Asus phones. You just need the required files (update package) and then follow the exact same procedure.
Experience the Android Pie on your phone and share your experience. It will help other users in updating their phones. The update doesn’t show the changelog, so we can’t tell you the exact changes that you will see in the update. Check out the new features and let us know in the comment section about it.