The Android 10 update is finally rolling out to standard LG G8X ThinQ. Sprint and Canadian LG G8X ThinQ had already received the update a few weeks ago. And now, its time for the regular LG G8X ThinQ to receive Android 10 for a new and better experience. Currently, the update rolling out in Brazil and soon we can expect the release the update globally. So if you are waiting for Android 10, then your wait is over. Here you will know how to update LG G8X ThinQ to Android 10 based LG UX 9.0 update.
LG G8X ThinQ is a last year flagship device from LG, which supports dual screen like the LG V60 ThinQ. The device released in 2019 with Android 9 Pie, and so this is the first major update for the device. LG G8X ThinQ comes with a beautiful 6.4-inch OLED display that will even get better in performance after the Android 10 update. This is late for rolling the Android 10 update for a flagship device as Android 11 is already available in Beta, but no worries as finally, the update is releasing, and we get to experience new and better UI.
Many Android phones have already received Android 10 updates, including mid range and budget phones. All phones have received a performance boost with Android 10 and the same we can expect for the LG G8X ThinQ. Android 10 brings features like System-wide dark mode, enhanced security settings, new navigation gestures, and improved performance. Also, the update may fix existing bugs from the device. So overall, you are going to find the update very useful. The LG G8X ThinQ Android 10 update changelog is not available for now, but once it is available we will share it with you.
LG G8X ThinQ Android 10 Update (LG UX 9.0)
The Android 10 update scheduled to release somewhere in Q2 2020 as per the official roadmap. And as promised, the company has started delivering the update. The update is rolling out in Brazil with version number V20a. As this is a major update, you can expect the update with big size, so make sure to have enough data or WiFi.
Some users may be lucky enough to get the LG G8X Android 10 update in the very first wave. But remaining users can expect the update in upcoming weeks. The OTA rollout takes some time to hit all devices, so you may have to wait, or you can also manually flash the update with LG UP tool. As of now, the update file is not available for the manual flashing, but we will share it as soon as we get hands on it.
How to Update LG G8X ThinQ to Android 10
If the update is rolling out in your region, but you have not received the update on your device, then you can check the update manually. This may not be an effective method to get the update immediately, but its official and worth trying. Follow the below method and enjoy the latest Android 10 on your device.
- Connect your phone to an active internet connection.
- Make sure that at least 4-5GB space available on your LG G8X for the safe upgrade.
- Now open Settings on your phone.
- Then head over to System > System updates.
- Tap on Check for Update.
- It will check on the server for the update, and if it is available for your phone, then it will show the update.
- Once it shows the update, tap on ‘Download and Install.’
- Wait for the download and install process. And in between, make sure the device has enough battery for the process.
- After installing the update and successful reboot, you can enjoy Android 10 on LG G8X ThinQ.
Now you experience Android 10 and its great features on your LG G8X ThinQ. If you’ve any queries, then you can leave the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download LG Q61 Stock Wallpapers [FHD+]
- Download Google Camera 7.3 for LG Phones [Latest APK]
- How to Unlock Bootloader on LG Phones [All Supported Phones]